What If???

signalmankenneth

Verified User
Cartoon-4th-July-2010.gif

No American now can say that they would not be in favor of the American Revolution. But Conservatives, for the most part, are people that don't want rapid and radical change. Most loyalists in the colonies would have been conservatives. They would have been fearful of the change that would have come from abandoning the mother country and forming a nation of their own.

No American now can say that they would not be in favor of the American Revolution. But Conservatives, for the most part, are people that don't want rapid and radical change. Most loyalists in the colonies would have been conservatives. They would have been fearful of the change that would have come from abandoning the mother country and forming a nation of their own.

Yes, loyalists had no problem with the end of salutary neglect, the outside intrusian into colonial governments, the sudden imposition of direct taxes and new regulations, the establishment of admiralty courts, and the intolerable acts. They absolutely hated change, and so they wanted each and every one of these non-changing, unradical measures to come about.

Actually, speaking for conservatives is not really your bag. I would love to see rapid change in the federal government with a "Enumerated Powers Act", eliminating ALL federal programs not specifically mentioned in the Constitution. :pke:

Actually, speaking for conservatives is not really your bag. I would love to see rapid change in the federal government with a "Enumerated Powers Act", eliminating ALL federal programs not specifically mentioned in the Constitution. :pke:

In other words, you want things to go back to the way they were?

Yep, thats radical change.

Let me know when that happens so I can go out and buy a large supply of guns n ammo......I'll need them to protect my home and family from the chaos that will ensue with the collapse of government you're advocating.

What an asinine proposition. I'm sure even the founding fathers would be appalled at such a notion. Such was never the intent of our Constitution.

Let me know when that happens so I can go out and buy a large supply of guns n ammo......I'll need them to protect my home and family from the chaos that will ensue with the collapse of government you're advocating.

What an asinine proposition. I'm sure even the founding fathers would be appalled at such a notion. Such was never the intent of our Constitution.

You expected better from southern coward. LOFL:clink:

Your argument is that the Founders would be appalled if the government that they created abide by the rules that they wrote.

This is why I call liberals "retarded". :palm:

Back