What is the correct golf grip?

mycomics007

In golf there are 5 grips ,therefor you have a choice subject to the Length of your fingers and the width (best golf grips) of your hand,also how thin or thick the palm of your hands are .Go to a golf Professional and let him recommend a grip.
AND

The one that let's you hit the ball straight and a good distance.

I worked forever on my grip but then played a pickup round with some guy, musta been in his 80's, he had no grip whatsoever, just grabbed the club.

He was in pretty bad health and only used a 3 wood for every single shot.

He had no form whatsoever and rolled the ball down the fairway but never once got into any sort of trouble and shot a 2 over.

This whole thing about needing the right grip and the right stance and the right equipment is nothing but the golf industry commercializing things to get your money.

I used to use the Varden grip, would work on it for hours and made sure I was always doing it correctly and it never improved my score. Then I just started gripping the club in a way that felt comfortable and my handicap dropped.

I don't interlock fingers I have one hand below the other.

I am a scratch player also.

The only time these things matter is if you want to go beyond scratch and get into professional level play, serious professional play, where every little error can cost you just a few yards of distance, then you must practice that for 10 hours a day.

I doubt that is your goal.

So what I did after years of frustration was drop everything I had been trying to learn, I went to the driving range and I told myself...ok there is the flag and I want to get my ball as close to that as possible and just started hitting without thinking about any methods they teach you in Golf Digest.

Some things worked and some didn't so I focused on the ones that did, I didn't worry about stance or grip or anything, just getting that ball as close to the hole as I could.

After a few weeks of that I played a round, went solo of course, and was shocked at how much better I was.

Instead of stressing over every shot and the techniques and thinking how the shot needs to look pretty I just hit it.

It was my lowest scoring round up to that point.

For instance, I don't like drivers because my shots always end up in trouble but I love woods so I used those off the tee, pared every 4 and 5 par hole with them except for one. I am not tiger woods, it is much more important to stay in the fairway then to hit it on the green in two.

So the point here is that it is much better to have a playstyle that feels comfortable to you rather one that is "technically" correct.

In golf there are 5 grips ,therefor you have a choice subject to the Length of your fingers and the width (best golf grips) of your hand,also how thin or thick the palm of your hands are .Go to a golf Professional and let him recommend a grip.
AND

The same way that Teflon Don grabs his dad's cock before sucking on it.

The one that let's you hit the ball straight and a good distance.

I worked forever on my grip but then played a pickup round with some guy, musta been in his 80's, he had no grip whatsoever, just grabbed the club.

He was in pretty bad health and only used a 3 wood for every single shot.

He had no form whatsoever and rolled the ball down the fairway but never once got into any sort of trouble and shot a 2 over.

This whole thing about needing the right grip and the right stance and the right equipment is nothing but the golf industry commercializing things to get your money.

I used to use the Varden grip, would work on it for hours and made sure I was always doing it correctly and it never improved my score. Then I just started gripping the club in a way that felt comfortable and my handicap dropped.

I don't interlock fingers I have one hand below the other.

I am a scratch player also.

The only time these things matter is if you want to go beyond scratch and get into professional level play, serious professional play, where every little error can cost you just a few yards of distance, then you must practice that for 10 hours a day.

I doubt that is your goal.

So what I did after years of frustration was drop everything I had been trying to learn, I went to the driving range and I told myself...ok there is the flag and I want to get my ball as close to that as possible and just started hitting without thinking about any methods they teach you in Golf Digest.

Some things worked and some didn't so I focused on the ones that did, I didn't worry about stance or grip or anything, just getting that ball as close to the hole as I could.

After a few weeks of that I played a round, went solo of course, and was shocked at how much better I was.

Instead of stressing over every shot and the techniques and thinking how the shot needs to look pretty I just hit it.

It was my lowest scoring round up to that point.

For instance, I don't like drivers because my shots always end up in trouble but I love woods so I used those off the tee, pared every 4 and 5 par hole with them except for one. I am not tiger woods, it is much more important to stay in the fairway then to hit it on the green in two.

So the point here is that it is much better to have a playstyle that feels comfortable to you rather one that is "technically" correct.

Good advice that interlock fingers shit,never felt right to me.I was pretty good tee to green,terrible putter.

Back