What kind of conversation u enjoy most : about movies , sports , politics or fashion

• Thread starter Thread starter RichardLyons
  • Start date Start date
R

RichardLyons

What kind of conversation u enjoy most : about movies , sports , politics or fashion ......?

What kind of conversation u enjoy most : about movies , sports , politics or fashion ......?

While Americans think we are a classless society, the answer depends on the group. For the well to do who are usually shallow, superficial conservatives, sports and movies even though neither has a great appeal for me today. Also cars as the rich like to talk names and cars fit the bill. Oh, and education too as again names are important. For the middle class, if friends all of the above, if causal acquaintances, sports, work, and hot rods or normal stuff. For the lower realms, all of the above but now the focus changes to cost and homes, home repair and hope. Like lottery tickets and winning. Since I move in all these classes I sometimes make the mistake of criticizing icons of classes and thus cause them to think I am radical or exist in some alternate class or even universe. But I enjoy 'idea' conversations and many people in all spheres view my strange and twisted analogies and observations as off the wall. Remember life is seen through the filter that is you, and you see what you are patterned to see. My Olympics thread is an example.

"The amygdala is the spot in the brain I accuse of making us seem to lack humility -- the part of our brain that can cause us to haughtily dismiss information we find threatening or don’t understand." Steve Volk

Back