When you Ban Machetes...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Only the Hoodlums will have Machetes!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiap...ol.rampage.ap/index.html?eref=rss_mostpopular

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- Five teenagers brandishing baseball bats and a machete rampaged through a school in Sydney on Monday, smashing windows, terrorizing students and hitting a teacher over the head, police said. Eighteen other people were slightly hurt.

The five, between the ages of 14 and 16, were arrested after storming into suburban Merrylands High School and would likely be charged with assault and other crimes, Police Detective Inspector Jim Stewart said.

The offenses carry penalties up to seven years in prison.

One teacher was treated at a hospital after being hit on the head with a bat when he tried to stop the attackers, and 18 students were treated for cuts from broken glass and other minor injuries, Stewart said.

"It beggars belief they would attempt this kind of activity against innocent students," Stewart said.

Police were questioning the suspects -- who were not identified because they are minors -- about their reasons for the attack, including whether they were looking for someone in particular.

More at link...

A fine example of why teachers should be allowed to bring their own machetes and baseball bats into school.

A fine example of why teachers should be allowed to bring their own machetes and baseball bats into school.
I figure if they are trained in machete handling and are allowed to conceal their machete on their person it will be more effective. No hoodlum will know which of the teachers have the machete...

I figure if they are trained in machete handling and are allowed to conceal their machete on their person it will be more effective. No hoodlum will know which of the teachers have the machete...

A very good point.

It will also give a much needed boost to the hard pressed machete manufacturing industry opening up new markets for compact machetes designed to fit in the busy teacher's handbag.

Wouldn't the point be to have all the teachers have a machete, and as openly as possible, so that the maximum deterrent effect could be had?

Back