When?

• Thread starter Thread starter TRGLDTE
  • Start date Start date
T

TRGLDTE

When did we become a nation of such complete fucktards? What the hell happened? Ignorance abounds - at all levels - and we are getting set to elect a president who posits wrong solutions, based on wrong ideas, based on an inability to apply objectivity and logic. Emotional pandering is easy. This upcoming presidency is very important and we're going to elect... HIM? I think that we are looking at another disastrous presidency, worse than Jimmy Carter.

Until we get past the idea that we can drill our way out of this,* we can not begin to work on real solutions. Until we get past the idea that we can "windfall profit tax" our way out of this, we can not begin to work on real solutions. Until we get past the idea that we should regulate or control speculators, we can not begin to work on real solutions. NONE of the ideas I see floated by our putative president can solve it. "Oil," by this I do not mean oil companies, is bigger than the President of the USA.

Will there be oil available? Yes, but the question is "at what price?" There exists as much oil still in the ground as has been used by humanity to date. The problem is that we took the easy half.

American society, as energy hungry and consumptive as it is, can not be sustained. I think that we are a nation in decline, just as every powerful nation before us has declined. And we are certainly not slowing the decline by ensuring that we have an educated populace. We have become a nation of full sized babies who think that we should be able, for example, to take our nasty little brats on airplanes - even if it fucks up everyone else on the flight. We are raising (razing?) women who think that being raped is OK, as long as you feel safe afterwards.

What I see America becoming makes me want to puke.

*Jim Rogers, a world renown commodities trader, in his recent book, "Hot Commodities" writes an excellent section on this topic.

Last edited:
We are becoming a nation of people so selfish and decadent that we think it is permissible to make it so that parents can't fly because their children might start crying on the flight and it might annoy the other passengers. Well shit, I'd much rather not be able to move than hear crying, that's a good, fair tradeoff there.

Dude, it's not about kids 'might' cry. It's about kids acting up and running around on the flight when everyone is suppose to be seated. It's not about annoyance, it's about safety.

China

We are a bunch of doomers. You realize that none of this would have or will happen if we did not mention it ?

Dude, it's not about kids 'might' cry. It's about kids acting up and running around on the flight when everyone is suppose to be seated. It's not about annoyance, it's about safety.

It's about Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) parts 125.211, 125.217 & 125.328

Back