Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
probably hiding somewhere

come on, we got to lighten up

from a court transcript -

* Lawyer: "Now sir, I'm sure you are an intelligent and honest man--"
* Witness: "Thank you. If I weren't under oath, I'd return the compliment."

Optimism is quickly crushed on this board. It goes hand in hand with the hostility.

Obama killed the optimists when he turmed out to be just another sorry ass politician .. who's still a better choice than the other sorry ass politician.

Obama killed the optimists when he turmed out to be just another sorry ass politician .. who's still a better choice than the other sorry ass politician.

Sometimes reality can slap our optimism down. But it only dies if we let it.

Take the small victory and work for bigger things, BAC.

Lots of people are constantly in bad moods. I feel sorry for them.

Very true, Chapdog. The biggest part of being happy is attitude and outlook. Those people who are perpetually grumpy deserve pity.

heavy sigh, too damn true

i liked hil, at least she was an honest politician - either she or bo will be better than mcsame who i also used to like

i do not think that someone can be our standard bearer and be a national politician

oh well

I'm optimistic about the future. America is to dynamic a country not to be. As for current politics. This is the most optimistic I've ever been. We have the choice between to excelent persons. This is the best slate of candidates in my life time.

Don't you think your being a bit niave about Obama? I mean this is something I assume about any ambitious politician.

Then why do you vote for them?

I don't vote for or support those I know to be sorry ass politicians .. no clue why that is strange or naive.

I don't vote for or support those I know to be sorry ass politicians .. no clue why that is strange or naive.

Based on that criteria couldn't one argue that one should never vote? Obviously some politicians are better than others but I think its possible to say that to varying degrees every politician can be described as a 'sorry ass politician'. Maybe that's a very cynical view but especially those who climb to the highest levels of government they take on that phrase more and more.

Based on that criteria couldn't one argue that one should never vote? Obviously some politicians are better than others but I think its possible to say that to varying degrees every politician can be described as a 'sorry ass politician'. Maybe that's a very cynical view but especially those who climb to the highest levels of government they take on that phrase more and more.

I don't believe that it's necessary for me to vote in every election or every race.

If an election is between two sorry ass politicians .. why should I care which won wins?

I also don't subscribe to the "lessor of two evils" method of voting.

Either I support a candidate or I don't.

I would never call you naive, BAC. Idealistic is what I see you as. No problem with that.

Back