Two

• Republican

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Democrat

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
MMMMkkk guys.

Let's just try this.

List the parties you support in order from the ones you support most to the ones you support least.

Once you hit "Republican" or "Democrat", select that option above.

On a purely theoretical/policy level, I identify much more with the traditional platform of the Democrats. I'll identify more with them if they nominate Obama or Edwards for President next year.

If they nominate Hillary, I'm basically party-less....

Pretty much the same thing ?

And what kind of support. Sending money ? working campaigns ? or just with your vote ?

Pretty much the same thing ?

And what kind of support. Sending money ? working campaigns ? or just with your vote ?
He didn't say support.

"Most identify with" just means which one is closer to your views, not which one matches them exactly and that you send money. Even if aren't even a member of either of the parties, one of them is closer than the other in views and you can "identify" more with one or the other.

He even gave a stronger view of that later in the thread. Only pretense would make one afraid to admit that one of these is closer in platform to their beliefs.

Damo I think I identify more with the old democrats just as you identify more with the old republicans.
Currently neither one yanks my chain very much.

It's strange to say but just about the entire British electorate would "identify" more with the Democrats. Even the majority of the Tory party would baulk at the religious baggage carried by sections of the Republican party.

However, the fact that there are slightly less fruit-loops in one party than the other isn't exactly the strongest endorsement.

I thought our choice was bad enough, but i'll wager you have it worse.

I was talking to one of the other lawyers at our office yesterday who was expressing some consternation that the Repubs (of which he is one) might nominate Rudy. He wants someone that is a social conservative born again. I told him that if his party would nominate someone that looked more like Ike, and had pragmatic, non-religious platforms, centerist dems and independents would vote Republican all the time. It is time that one of the parties steps up and eliminates the fringe of their party. If they did, the moderates from the other party would jump ship in droves. We need a socially moderate, pro-small business, fiscally conservative party to take a pragmatic view of government. The lefties and the righties could then form their own separate parties and fade away into non-existence.

I was talking to one of the other lawyers at our office yesterday who was expressing some consternation that the Repubs (of which he is one) might nominate Rudy. He wants someone that is a social conservative born again. I told him that if his party would nominate someone that looked more like Ike, and had pragmatic, non-religious platforms, centerist dems and independents would vote Republican all the time. It is time that one of the parties steps up and eliminates the fringe of their party. If they did, the moderates from the other party would jump ship in droves. We need a socially moderate, pro-small business, fiscally conservative party to take a pragmatic view of government. The lefties and the righties could then form their own separate parties and fade away into non-existence.

A good idea, but dream on there guy.
It ain't going to happen anytime soon.

Back