Who are some of your favorite musicians or groups from the 1960's?

My favorite is (are) The Beatles, followed by Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, The Doors, and Muddy Waters. With The Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix rounding out my favorite seven.

My favorite is (are) The Beatles, followed by Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, The Doors, and Muddy Waters. With The Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix rounding out my favorite seven.

both The Grateful Dead and Pink Floyd was born in the 60's., but their sound changed and got way, way better in the 70's. In The Grateful Dead's case, their blues singing alcoholic front man died, so they had to go a different direction.

So they rank high on my list, but not based on what they were doing in the 60's

Led Zep counts as 60's too - so I guess I vote them as best

both The Grateful Dead and Pink Floyd was born in the 60's., but their sound changed and got way, way better in the 70's. In The Grateful Dead's case, their blues singing alcoholic front man died, so they had to go a different direction.

So they rank high on my list, but not based on what they were doing in the 60's

Led Zep counts as 60's too - so I guess I vote them as best

Thanks for your reply. I like SOME of the music by The Grateful Dead, especially their bluesy stuff. And I absolutely love most of Pink Floyd's music, especially their Wish You Were Here and The Wall albums.

Back