Who are the most insightful political commentators?

Overall I would say Damocles is massively talented and just uber smart. I don't know of anybody I agree more with either.

I saw Jeffrey Toobin noted as a good political commentator from the middle. Depending upon what you consider good is a matter of opinion but facts dictate that Toobin is far from being moderate or middle of the road. He is actually a left winger. One need to only recall his explosive liberal rants during the 2000 election controversey.

As a conservative I appreciate several political commentators on the right but my favorite and in my opinion the most astute is Mark Levine of WABC Radio.

As for political commentators whom maintain a high level of knowledgeable, factual, non-partisan dialogue Michael Barone is the best. He is observant, fact based and often accurate.

The only commentator on the left who offers any kind of honest assessment that comes from the left is Bob Beckell.

I saw Jeffrey Toobin noted as a good political commentator from the middle. Depending upon what you consider good is a matter of opinion but facts dictate that Toobin is far from being moderate or middle of the road. He is actually a left winger. One need to only recall his explosive liberal rants during the 2000 election controversey.

As a conservative I appreciate several political commentators on the right but my favorite and in my opinion the most astute is Mark Levine of WABC Radio.

As for political commentators whom maintain a high level of knowledgeable, factual, non-partisan dialogue Michael Barone is the best. He is observant, fact based and often accurate.

The only commentator on the left who offers any kind of honest assessment that comes from the left is Bob Beckell.
Only often accurate?

Hmmm... I still vote for this Damocles chap. He really sounds very smart.

Welcome to the board, Kempite.

gag me with a spoon....!

Only often accurate?

this damocles dude is disingenuous to say the least...but damn he is great at patting himself on the back...takes notes:rolleyes:

Howdy new guy Kempite!

Only often accurate?

Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to what will be stimulating discussion.

As for Barone only being "often" accrate, I should say that he is actually most often correct. His analysis of the political landscape is always correct but variables such as weather, natural disasters, unanticipated scandals and human nature sometimes change the accuracy of his conclusions.

Even the best are only human....lol

I was just jerking damos chain...he and beefy and I have a on going jerk fest from time to time...he is a okay guy and the admin!

Whoa now, easy old timer. Jerk fest isn't exactly what I would call it.

Jerk fest? Do you realize the fodder you just gave to Cypress and Darla?

I do indeed.............

Whoa now, easy old timer. Jerk fest isn't exactly what I would call it.

Jerk fest? Do you realize the fodder you just gave to Cypress and Darla?

gotta give em' something to bitch/gossip about besides the on going Bash bush and conservatives !;)

Bush bashing? Who does that? I mean afterall who would attempt to bash a President who has maintained and continues to try to maintain a strong economy while defending our people from current and future threats to our survival as a free society?

That's aside of from the beltway Pelosi, Reid, Gore liberal types who have yet to initiate a single beneficial policy or direction for America.

Oh Lord...whoa unto you.........

Bush bashing? Who does that? I mean afterall who would attempt to bash a President who has maintained and continues to try to maintain a strong economy while defending our people from current and future threats to our survival as a free society?

That's aside of from the beltway Pelosi, Reid, Gore liberal types who have yet to initiate a single beneficial policy or direction for America.

with this comment you are surely going to get the wrath of wonderful darla...and of course her buddies BAC,cypress maybe Lady T and USC for good measure...:cof1:

Gotta run dinner is a callin'..have a great night y'all!

Last edited:
Kempite,

we are all Americans and what makes America strong is all our voices and I refuse to talk politely about a Presidetn who repetedly lied to the American people.

Back