Who owns "Big Oil"?

"The biggest piece of the pie is 29.5% in mutual funds and other firms, and who is poking out of that pie piece but a hard working black construction worker- the very opposite of the greedy, spoiled, cigar smoking white fat cats the populists assume are pulling the strings. 27% in pension funds- grandma and grandpa. 23% to individual investors- you and your buddies. 14% in IRAs- good ol’ farmers. And finally 1.5% to corporate management, and 5% to ‘other institutional investors."

http://www.antiquiet.com/features/2008/05/do-you-own-a-us-oil-company/

So what , who owned the phone companies ? And their profit was regulated for many years and they were still good solid companies with desireable stocks.

It is a fact jack. Public utilities were regulated on profit and rates for many many years and were solid businesses with desireable stocks that pension funds and such loved.

So what , who owned the phone companies ? And their profit was regulated for many years and they were still good solid companies with desireable stocks.

Wasn't it just AT&T that was regulated before the breakup and formation of MCI, Sprint, and the other phone companies?

AT&T was a legal monopoly and was therefore regulated because of that fact. After the forced breakup of AT&T, the other telephone companies formed, competition flourished and regulation ended.

Wasn't it just AT&T that was regulated before the breakup and formation of MCI, Sprint, and the other phone companies?

AT&T was a legal monopoly and was therefore regulated because of that fact. After the forced breakup of AT&T, the other telephone companies formed, competition flourished and regulation ended.

yeah and Ma bell is growing back together. Check the history.

This time without the regs to protect consumers.

we have hundreds fewer phone companies now than we did during Ma Bells heyday.

"meant nuthin" = proved your ignorance...

If you want to seize private property like Comrade Hugo Chavez, have the courage to say it.

"national oil companies (NOCs) owned or controlled by the governments of oil-rich countries, which manage over 90% of the world's oil, depending on how you count. Of the 20 biggest oil firms, in terms of reserves of oil and gas, 16 are NOCs. Saudi Aramco, the biggest, has more than ten times the reserves that Exxon does. Those with misgivings about oil—that its price is too high, that reserves are running out, that it damages the environment, that it is more a curse than an asset for countries that produce it—must look to NOCs"

http://www.economist.com/opinion/displaystory.cfm?story_id=7276986

I am not talking about the nationally owned reserves here but the companies pumping, transporting and refining.

Keep on slinging the fear there dude.

yeah and Ma bell is growing back together. Check the history.

This time without the regs to protect consumers.

we have hundreds fewer phone companies now than we did during Ma Bells heyday.

Hundreds??? That seems a bit overestimated. Name them...

I don't give a rats ass what rep waters said, she is not my rep.

And as I have posted many times there are stupit and corrupt dems in congress, republicans do not quite have the monopoly on stupid and corrupt.

Hundreds??? That seems a bit overestimated. Name them...

I am not going to. But I know I have been in and around the phone company for over 30 years.

The directory of all the independent phone companies is much smaller. About 20 in KY alone have dissappeared.

Back