Why are smart people often really dumb?

This is a spectacular video examining confirmation bias. It's a bit long, but well worth the watch.

Yeah people these days are so smart they don't know the difference between a boy and a girl. There seems to be a correlation between how "complicated" something is with how stupid the person saying it is.

Smart, wise, and sane are three totally different attributes.

Lots of intelligent people do unwise things.

I believe that Josh Hawley and Raffy "Ted" Cruz are supposed to have very impressive IQs,
but they're both either batshit crazy or spectacularly unwise.

Smart, wise, and sane are three totally different attributes.

Lots of intelligent people do unwise things.

I believe that Josh Hawley and Raffy "Ted" Cruz are supposed to have very impressive IQs,
but they're both either batshit crazy or spectacularly unwise.

Ted Cruz is the best legal mind in the Senate - hands down. And just a good man to boot.

Pretty funny video, “orthogonality theirs,” “fashionable irrational beliefs,” “identity protective cognition,” etc., a sophomoric attempt employing computer theory peppered with pseudo psychology semantics and personal bullshit aimed at defining woke from a right wing perspective

Pretty funny video, “orthogonality theirs,” “fashionable irrational beliefs,” “identity protective cognition,” etc., a sophomoric attempt employing computer theory peppered with pseudo psychology semantics and personal bullshit aimed at defining woke from a right wing perspective

At least you watched, more than most of the left will do.

Because you and your party lied about him as Nancy got her hair done, Gavin had a party at the French Bakery, and Frau Fuhrer Gretchen held a yacht party?

Ted is one of the good ones.

Well, we can't expect to see that the same way.
I'm good with Warren and Markey, thanks.
Cornyn and Cruz wouldn't fly here.

Well, we can't expect to see that the same way.
I'm good with Warren and Markey, thanks.
Cornyn and Cruz wouldn't fly here.

I mean, lying about being an American Indian to get the spot reserved for them in an Ivy League is all cool - lying, cheating, and cultural appropriation are virtues for democrats.

Great book by Michael Shermer called "Why do smart people believe weird things".

Basically comes down to the fact that smart people feel they have a track record of their thoughts being "correct" so when they do stumble upon a stupid belief, they tend to confirm it because their brains haven't let them down before.

Back