Why Barack Obama isnt doing better in the polls...

I would imagine its because people are starting to realize that after the smoke & mirrors come down, you have someone that was a senator for less than 2 years with no experience. The glitz and glam is starting to wear off and people are starting to ask specific questions on what he stands for, yet he cannot answer them.

Case in point with Russia & Georgia. Obama thinks the U.N. Security Council should pass a resolution calling for an immediate end to the violence. He also thinks a U.N. mediator should join efforts to try to end the fighting. Does he not know that Russia has veto power in the United Nations Security Council. Where were his 300 foreign policy advisers?

I would imagine its because people are starting to realize that after the smoke & mirrors come down, you have someone that was a senator for less than 2 years with no experience. The glitz and glam is starting to wear off and people are starting to ask specific questions on what he stands for, yet he cannot answer them.

Case in point with Russia & Georgia. Obama thinks the U.N. Security Council should pass a resolution calling for an immediate end to the violence. He also thinks a U.N. mediator should join efforts to try to end the fighting. Does he not know that Russia has veto power in the United Nations Security Council. Where were his 300 foreign policy advisers?

You stupid ass. Bush "thinks" the same thing, and so do the other world powers, and yes, fucktard they are all aware that Russia holds veto power, but it is additional diplomatic pressure on them to halt.

You should be shot in the head if you even attempt to cast a vote.

I see you got your marching orders, complete with a reference to 300 foreign policy advisers. But what was left out was the fact that both McCain and Obama have called for a security council resolution against Russia.

Additionally, pursuant to the UN charter, members of the Security Council that are parties to a conflict under consideration by the Security Council pursuant to Chapter VI of the Charter (basically symbolic requests that parties to a conflict make efforts to peacefully resolve their disputes but with no punitive sanction) are required to abstain from voting.

So, Obama's call for a Security Council resolution to condemn the Russian escalation and to call for a negotiated settlement of the dispute would not be subject to a Russian veto, as Russia, a party to the conflict, would be required to abstain from the vote. It seems those 300 advisers know a bit more about their area of expertise than you.

Also, John McCain mentioned the Russian veto when calling for a similar resolution and is apparently unaware that resolutions brought pursuant to Chapter VI would require Russian abstention.

I see you got your marching orders, complete with a reference to 300 foreign policy advisers. But what was left out was the fact that both McCain and Obama have called for a security council resolution against Russia.

Additionally, pursuant to the UN charter, members of the Security Council that are parties to a conflict under consideration by the Security Council pursuant to Chapter VI of the Charter (basically symbolic requests that parties to a conflict make efforts to peacefully resolve their disputes but with no punitive sanction) are required to abstain from voting.

So, Obama's call for a Security Council resolution to condemn the Russian escalation and to call for a negotiated settlement of the dispute would not be subject to a Russian veto, as Russia, a party to the conflict, would be required to abstain from the vote. It seems those 300 advisers know a bit more about their area of expertise than you.

Also, John McCain mentioned the Russian veto when calling for a similar resolution and is apparently unaware that resolutions brought pursuant to Chapter VI would require Russian abstention.

Wow. I was unaware too. Of course, I am not running for President.

Well, that was a skewering. And so much classier than my "you should be shot in the head"

He has been a Senator for 3 years and 10 months you liar!

Back