Why do liberals insist on subjective morality being laws?

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Taxes, helping poor people..., funding for the arts... etc.

If you are personally against abortions but pro-choice... you should understand perfectly where I am coming from..

Though a lot of people that claim to be anti-abortion but pro-choice are just lying to make themselves feel better... so maybe they don't know where I am coming from.

From what I have seen libertarians are the only ones who are opposed to most subjective morality laws.

Conservatives certainly love subjective morality laws too.

Conservatives are always trying to legislate morality with criminal laws.

All morality is subjective.

Would you not want morality legislated Grind? Would you disagree with moral legislation against murder or theft?

Why?

All legislation is legislation of subjective morality.

Even if you legislate for laissez faire markets you are dictating your morality. Which makes accusations of liberals etc as social engineers a tautology.

If you legislate, you are a social engineer.

Even if you legislate for laissez faire markets you are dictating your morality. Which makes accusations of liberals etc as social engineers a tautology.

That would be the removal of legislation to create a situation in which there is a vacuum of legislation. Such a thing is amoral.

Is a living person alive? If you do not interfere with them will they continue to live?

This is how natural rights work. It is basing law on observations.

Right to life can be inferred merely by the observation that an individual is alive.

but so are others that think we should die and visa versa, and so are animals and plants that we consume to exist.....

Back