Why do Republicans call it ‘the Democrat party’?

Hume

Verified User
Removing the “ic” does seem to suggest the party isn’t about democracy. But if that’s the goal, Glickman wonders: “Why not call it the undemocratic party? Like Trump used to say the Department of Injustice.” And anyway, as they’ve proved since 2020, democracy isn’t high on the list of Republican values. Instead, Glickman suggests, it’s more about a “babyish” tendency to misname people. Also, as Hendrik Hertzberg wrote in the New Yorker in 2006, “it fairly screams ‘rat’.”

Trump's childish stupidity has spread through the right. When he leads, the Repubs follow. He drags them down to his level.

I used to call it the Democrat Party because that creates noun agreement. The name of the party is Democrat, a noun. The members are Democrats, a noun. One is the plural of the other with noun agreement.

The Democratic party would use the noun Democratic, or is it intended to be a verb? That is, the party's actions are democratic? If the later, then it wouldn't be capitalized, so Democratic is being used as a noun. That would make the members, Democratics the plural of Democratic, not Democrats.

But, as of late with the anointment of Kamaltoe Harris I've switched to it being the un-democratic party of un-democratics. That is, I'm using the verb to describe the actions of the party rather than label it with a noun.

I used to call it the Democrat Party because that creates noun agreement. The name of the party is Democrat, a noun. The members are Democrats, a noun. One is the plural of the other with noun agreement.

The Democratic party would use the noun Democratic, or is it intended to be a verb? That is, the party's actions are democratic? If the later, then it wouldn't be capitalized, so Democratic is being used as a noun. That would make the members, Democratics the plural of Democratic, not Democrats.

But, as of late with the anointment of Kamaltoe Harris I've switched to it being the un-democratic party of un-democratics. That is, I'm using the verb to describe the actions of the party rather than label it with a noun.
So, you're just stupid.

Seriously, your knowledge of language is deficient.
It is YOUR knowledge of language that is deficient. Calling it the Democratic party and it's members Democrats is exactly the same as if it were called the Pig Party and it's members are Horses. What you are trying to defend makes zero sense.

It is YOUR knowledge of language that is deficient. Calling it the Democratic party and it's members Democrats is exactly the same as if it were called the Pig Party and it's members are Horses. What you are trying to defend makes zero sense.
your constant stupidity is boring

Back