Why is Trump cozying up to America’s most powerful business leaders?

Hume

Verified User
On Thursday, Trump met at the Business Roundtable’s Washington headquarters with over 80 CEOs, including Apple’s Tim Cook, JP Morgan Chase’s Jamie Dimon and Walmart’s Doug McMillon.

Trump reportedly promised the CEOs he would cut corporate taxes even further and curtail business regulations if elected president.

Trump’s 2017 tax cuts reduced the rate of corporate income taxes from 35% to 21%. That has cost America $1.3tn.

If the Business Roundtable’s CEOs were honestly committed to all their stakeholders, they wouldn’t seek massive tax cuts.

If they cared about preserving American democracy, they wouldn’t support Trump or any Republican.

The greedy cynicism of America’s corporate elite is now on full display.

On Thursday, Trump met at the Business Roundtable’s Washington headquarters with over 80 CEOs, including Apple’s Tim Cook, JP Morgan Chase’s Jamie Dimon and Walmart’s Doug McMillon.

Trump reportedly promised the CEOs he would cut corporate taxes even further and curtail business regulations if elected president.

Trump’s 2017 tax cuts reduced the rate of corporate income taxes from 35% to 21%. That has cost America $1.3tn.

what is wrong about companies having an extra 1.3 trillion to reinvest in their business and create more jobs? or raise salaries of qualified employees?

If the Business Roundtable’s CEOs were honestly committed to all their stakeholders, they wouldn’t seek massive tax cuts.

If they cared about preserving American democracy, they wouldn’t support Trump or any Republican.

Corporations don't really pay taxes. They raise their prices enough for you and me to pay their taxes for them. HIGH corporate taxes just hurts American goods when sold on foreign markets. And that hurts American jobs.

When YOU buy a new Corvette who pays the corporate taxes for GM? YOU paid the taxes that they rolled into what they Bill for their product.

If the Ford corporation pays 25% tax for their cars that they ship overseas those cars have to compete with other countries who may have lower tax rates and Ford sells fewer cars. And that cost American jobs.

Excellent

The "preserving democracy" crap again. If I thought you people actually cared about democracy, let alone preserving it, I might be offended by your comment but as it is i laughed like hell when i read that

Tax cuts are not a cost.

America is not a democracy. The United States is a federated republic. It was never a democracy.
Tax cuts are not a cost.

The "preserving democracy" crap again. If I thought you people actually cared about democracy, let alone preserving it, I might be offended by your comment but as it is i laughed like hell when i read that
Remember they call The Oligarchy a 'democracy'. It's a redefinition fallacy trying to whitewash what they want. The United States, of course, was never a democracy.

The smasrt money KNOWS he's gonna win,....DUMMY. So there are switching sides and filling his campaign with dough. Hows it feel to be fucked over and abandoned? :) Expect more BTW,...MUCH more. ;)

Back