Why progressives are backing Biden

Hume

Verified User
Throughout his career, President Biden has at times had an icy relationship with the left wing of his party. But as he faces new questions about his fitness for office and his ability to beat Donald Trump, progressives have been among the president’s most vocal defenders.

Instead, more moderate or centrist members of Congress have been the people privately and publicly sounding the alarm about Biden’s candidacy.

Exactly. Modeled on Trump's coup. The corporate (oligarchic) wing of Democrats is staging a coup.

Members of the Squad, who receive much of their support from small-dollar donors, aren’t often in contact with the big-dollar donors who are most dissatisfied with Biden.
  • “Many of those colleagues think it is un-Democratic to have big donors or Democratic operatives dictate, because of polls, who should be the nominee,” Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.) told Leigh Ann on Washington Post Live. “They remember, as do I, having some of these operatives on MSNBC and CNN saying that Bernie Sanders was unelectable. And we disliked it when they said it about Bernie Sanders, and we don’t think that they should be determining the process for the Democratic Party.”

Explains a lot. The oligarchy wing of the Democrats are bashing Biden.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) told us that Biden is one of the “more progressive” presidents since Franklin D. Roosevelt.

You put a ham sandwich on the ballot, I'll vote for it before I vote for Trump. Biden isn't perfect but he'll do.

The NYTimes has been bashing Biden at least one year (I read it daily).
Then they declare that Biden must leave the race. Why? They always opposed him.
Look at every Biden basher, they are conservatives, or centrists.

Point is, the 'corporate' (corrupt) Democrats are trashing Biden BECAUSE he is a progressive.
That could be the case, I think part of it is panic, and smart vs stupid. The smart thing to do this late in the game is support the guy that got us here, focus on achievements, focus on the do nothing Republican Congress, the sham Hunter impeachment, stuff like project 2025, and all of Trump's myriad failures.

Stupid panicky people want to find a replacement. The time to do that would have been like 2 years ago. If someone steps up as replacement now, the right will just lob allegations at whoever it is and there won't be enough time to get the public to realize how much is bullshit.

That could be the case, I think part of it is panic, and smart vs stupid. The smart thing to do this late in the game is support the guy that got us here, focus on achievements, focus on the do nothing Republican Congress, the sham Hunter impeachment, stuff like project 2025, and all of Trump's myriad failures.

Stupid panicky people want to find a replacement. The time to do that would have been like 2 years ago. If someone steps up as replacement now, the right will just lob allegations at whoever it is and there won't be enough time to get the public to realize how much is bullshit.
Well done. I agree with everything you said.

Strategically, replacing Biden is the stupidest thing the Party could do. Talking about it is pathetic and self destructive.

The attention will be on Biden's obvious dementia and the Democrat party lying about it all the way till November. There is no escaping it.

The NYTimes has been bashing Biden at least one year (I read it daily).
Then they declare that Biden must leave the race. Why? They always opposed him.
Look at every Biden basher, they are conservatives, or centrists.
They had 10 pro Biden puff pieces for every 1 anti Biden piece... until the debate. Then 51 million Americans saw Biden's dementia.

Throughout his career, President Biden has at times had an icy relationship with the left wing of his party. But as he faces new questions about his fitness for office and his ability to beat Donald Trump, progressives have been among the president’s most vocal defenders.

Instead, more moderate or centrist members of Congress have been the people privately and publicly sounding the alarm about Biden’s candidacy.

Exactly. Modeled on Trump's coup. The corporate (oligarchic) wing of Democrats is staging a coup.
Translated, they have no choice.

Back