Why The Houston Chronicle Regrets Its Ted Cruz Endorsement

Yoda

Cruz and his antics arent well recieved anywhere but at the Koch bros dinner table.
Hes done nationally and its a shame Cruz winning the GOP primary for potus would be a Democrat dream come true.

In case you right wingers are only reading like the Drudge report that doesnt have a single link to the real truth about how bad your party has gotten its ass kicked over CRUZ/PALINS idiot far right stick to your far right principles and never win an election strategy. You need to start reading other sources

Nearly one year removed from its decision to endorse Ted Cruz, the Houston Chronicle reflected back on that choice in a Tuesday op-ed, admitting that he has not lived up to the paper's expectations.

In a piece entitled "Why We Miss Kay Bailey Hutchison," the newspaper reflected back on how Hutchison had an "extraordinary understanding of the importance of reaching across the aisle when necessary." That skill has not been displayed by Cruz or senior Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), according to the Chronicle.

When we endorsed Ted Cruz in last November's general election, we did so with many reservations and at least one specific recommendation - that he follow Hutchison's example in his conduct as a senator.

Obviously, he has not done so. Cruz has been part of the problem in specific situations where Hutchison would have been part of the solution.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...e-ted-cruz_n_4107163.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Ted Cruz is doing exactly what his Constituents elected him to do. Ted Cruz is an example of our Constitution in action.

The Houston Chronicle, as is true with most news journals who practice malfeasance, doesn't have a Constitutional clue and doesn't represent the voters in Ted Cruz's district.

Want to bet he wins re-election when his term is over?

Ted Cruz is doing exactly what his Constituents elected him to do. Ted Cruz is an example of our Constitution in action.

The Houston Chronicle, as is true with most news journals who practice malfeasance, doesn't have a Constitutional clue and doesn't represent the voters in Ted Cruz's district.

Want to bet he wins re-election when his term is over?

To clarify, isn't Cruz a Senator in which case people in Houston would be his constituents? He's not in the House of Reps is he?

To clarify, isn't Cruz a Senator in which case people in Houston would be his constituents? He's not in the House of Reps is he?

Yes he is a Senator; one of two from Texas. Yes, his constituents would be people in Houston. He's not in the House of Reps. So your point is?

Yes he is a Senator; one of two from Texas. Yes, his constituents would be people in Houston. He's not in the House of Reps. So your point is?

There wasn't a point. I asked a question because I was temporarily confused. I've not heard of a state referred to as a district before so I was thrown off.

There wasn't a point. I asked a question because I was temporarily confused. I've not heard of a state referred to as a district before so I was thrown off.

So your issue is that I used the term district in error; thank you for pointing that out. ;)

Cruz and his antics arent well recieved anywhere but at the Koch bros dinner table.
Hes done nationally and its a shame Cruz winning the GOP primary for potus would be a Democrat dream come true.

In case you right wingers are only reading like the Drudge report that doesnt have a single link to the real truth about how bad your party has gotten its ass kicked over CRUZ/PALINS idiot far right stick to your far right principles and never win an election strategy. You need to start reading other sources

Nearly one year removed from its decision to endorse Ted Cruz, the Houston Chronicle reflected back on that choice in a Tuesday op-ed, admitting that he has not lived up to the paper's expectations.

In a piece entitled "Why We Miss Kay Bailey Hutchison," the newspaper reflected back on how Hutchison had an "extraordinary understanding of the importance of reaching across the aisle when necessary." That skill has not been displayed by Cruz or senior Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), according to the Chronicle.

When we endorsed Ted Cruz in last November's general election, we did so with many reservations and at least one specific recommendation - that he follow Hutchison's example in his conduct as a senator.

Obviously, he has not done so. Cruz has been part of the problem in specific situations where Hutchison would have been part of the solution.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...e-ted-cruz_n_4107163.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

The righties here will now say that this statement by The Houston Chronicle is just another example of "Liberal Media Bias."

Obviously ted cruz is NOT doing what all the people that voted for him wanted the houston chronicle is proof of that. Some of you teaheads need to get your head out of the sand or in 2cts case stop lieing.

Obviously ted cruz is NOT doing what all the people that voted for him wanted the houston chronicle is proof of that. Some of you teaheads need to get your head out of the sand or in 2cts case stop lieing.

Another incredibly stupid dimwit who thinks that a newspaper speaks for the people.

lol no Cruz did exactly what he set out to do. Become a major player in washington, get more money, and have people support him. It worked and this paper rethinking its
endorsement is irrelevant.

lol no Cruz did exactly what he set out to do. Become a major player in washington, get more money, and have people support him. It worked and this paper rethinking its
endorsement is irrelevant.

Ted cruz is a noob senator with a big mouth that has zero juice in the senate, thats why he went to the house and sucked in the teaparty far righters into looking like smacked ass's in front of the country. Ted Cruz is DONE on the national stage. The rest of the senate will smack him down after this is all over and that will include republicans.

Ted cruz is a noob senator with a big mouth that has zero juice in the senate, thats why he went to the house and sucked in the teaparty far righters into looking like smacked ass's in front of the country. Ted Cruz is DONE on the national stage. The rest of the senate will smack him down after this is all over and that will include republicans.

he has enough juice for people to listen till he folded. Ted cruz isnt done just like Palin wasnt done.
i suggest you read up on how exactly the rightwing bubble works. I can tell you have no clue at just how these things work.

Palins been done buddy, shes just running around making money off conservatives thats it.
Cruz will be done as far as being a big player in the gop, they arent going to let him and a select few of kroch brother teapartiers destroy the party.

Palins been done buddy, shes just running around making money off conservatives thats it.
Cruz will be done as far as being a big player in the gop, they arent going to let him and a select few of kroch brother teapartiers destroy the party.

sigh.....Palin wasnt done when people like you where running around saying she was done. Cruz isnt done yet, He might run for President, but mostly to get his name out more. If he wins then bonus.

Oh please they have already ruined the party. Little late for that. Again research the bubble then comeback.

Back