Why we Jews overwhelmingly vote democratic

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Jewish thought is strongly aligned with social equality. Many of the first folks in the civil rights movement were Jews. On the march to Selma, look carefully at those old photos. Next to Dr. King, you will see rabbis, arm in arm, demanding justice. Major contributions by Jews helped to found, and fund, the SPLC, the NAACP, and UNCF.
The largest Jewish religious organization in the US has been FOR marriage equality and LGBT rights since the AIDS crisis in the 80s.

Jewish lawyers have been in the forefront of the fight for women's rights, immigrant rights, fair wages, rent control, and pro choice positions.

I still remember when Jews could not enter certain hotels, restaurants, or social clubs, and their businesses were not allowed to open in prime shopping districts.

In Judaism, the concept of tikkun olam is a Hebrew phrase that roughly means "repairing the world" or "perfecting the world." It is a central tenet of Jewish Theology, as evidenced by its inclusion in the Aleinu, a Jewish prayer that is traditionally recited three times daily. Performing mitzvots, or good deeds, is one means of tikkun olam, and the concept of good deeds and improving the world is inextricably linked in Jewish minds to social justice and equality – the hallmarks of democratic party principles.

Given that backdrop, Jewish support for the Democratic Party is only natural. We are the party that fought for and ushered in a women's right to vote, the Civil Rights movement, the Civil Rights Act, women's reproductive rights, and currently champion the cause of Gay Americans.

57e4ea61d60277069a2ad6bc4ba48ce6.jpg

Jewish thought is strongly aligned with social equality.
This is patently false, as observed by what's going on in Gaza. Jewish thought seems to be more closely aligned with Apartheid.

Many of the first folks in the civil rights movement were Jews.
Almost every single lawmaker who voted the Civil Rights Act into law was Caucasian, ... you know, the people that you HATE. Perhaps we need to include HATE in the description of Jewish thought.

I suspect one of the reasons Jews overwhelmingly vote Democrat is their love of slavery. The Israelites seemed happiest when they were slaves and were totally miserable when free, doing nothing but bitch and whine and complain endlessly. In the United States, the Jews discovered that the DNC is the party of slavery and took an immediate liking to them. Of course, when they discovered that Republicans ended slavery, Jews perceived the RNC as their worst enemy.

On the march to Selma, look carefully at those old photos. Next to Dr. King, you will see rabbis, arm in arm, demanding justice.
Well, Jews did extremely little beyond manage to take advantage of some photo ops and virtue signal to their new slave-masters.

The largest Jewish religious organization in the US has been FOR marriage equality and LGBT rights since the AIDS crisis in the 80s.
The bottom line is that Jews overwhelmingly oppose same-sex marriage.

Jewish lawyers have been in the forefront of the fight for women's rights, immigrant rights, fair wages, rent control, and pro choice positions.
Everybody has been at the forefront of all of that.

I still remember when Jews could not enter certain hotels, restaurants, or social clubs, and their businesses were not allowed to open in prime shopping districts.
... but none of that happened in the US. You might be talking about your time in Nazi Germany, but you don't get to mix venues.

In Judaism, the concept of tikkun olam is a Hebrew phrase that roughly means "repairing the world" or "perfecting the world."
Similarly, in Christianity, the concept of charity is a central tenet of Christian theology, deeply rooted in the faith as an obligation to help thy neighbor and to make the world a better place. Christians comprise the world's most generous class of people as measured in both monetary donations and in giving of one's time.

the hallmarks of democratic party principles.
Nope. Now you are slugging through the booooolsch't. Even Hamas performs more good deeds and helps the citizenry more than the DNC helps anyone in the US.

Jewish support for the Democratic Party is only natural.
Given that backdrop, the American Jewish desire to return to slavery under the Democrat party is inexplicable.

We are the party that fought for and ushered in a women's right to vote, the Civil Rights movement, the Civil Rights Act, women's reproductive rights, and currently champion the cause of Gay Americans.
Republicans also fought for and ushered in all of the above. You still haven't explained why American Jews sold themselves to the Democrats beyond the Democrats being the only party in the market for slaves at the time.

57e4ea61d60277069a2ad6bc4ba48ce6.jpg

This is patently false, as observed by what's going on in Gaza. Jewish thought seems to be more closely aligned with Apartheid.

I know that this will be my primary concern next time I'm in a voting booth.

I'm really concerned about the rights of the Palestinian jihadists who danced on the streets after the attack on the WTC.

Most of the Republicans are on my side on this one, and I still wouldn't consider voting for one.
I'm only 77, though. I suppose there's still a little time for me to vote for a Republican for the first time in my life.
Nobody who knows me seems to be holding his or her breath, though.

I know that this will be my primary concern next time I'm in a voting booth. I'm really concerned about the rights of the Palestinian jihadists who danced on the streets after the attack on the WTC.
What about not those individuals? What about innocent civilians who are just looking for food? Is it that easy for you to justify overt racism in your own mind by just declaring that an entire class of civilians are somehow violent terrorists who deserve death? If that is the case, then you are a shitty person as well and your concerns are not my concerns.

Most of the Republicans are on my side on this one,
Nope. You don't speak for "most Republicans" and I am not aware of any Republicans who simply want to eradicate an entire class of civilians.

and I still wouldn't consider voting for one.
Of course not. Your slave-masters won't allow it, for one thing, and for another, you apparently haven't gotten the memo that the DNC has taken over the Republican Party (and Fox News) and that now they are wholly owned subsidiaries.

I'm only 77, though. I suppose there's still a little time for me to vote for a Republican for the first time in my life.
Nope. You're too late. The only candidates that will be allowed to run under the "R" banner will thoroughly vetted and approved RINOs like John McCain and Mitt Romney, although the DNC will make a concerted effort to ensure all such RINOs have solid Marxist planks in their platform if they wish to be considered. Ergo, your chances for voting for any sort of fiscal responsibility or protection of individual liberties has evaporated and now you will only be able to vote for Democrats under either banner.

Nobody who knows me seems to be holding his or her breath, though.
Perhaps because the only people who will hang out with you still haven't figured out how to do that.

IBDaMann

This message is hidden because IBDaMann is on your ignore list.
Too funny. You read every word and thanked NiftyNiblick for responding to it. You really have nothing beyond empty virtue-signaling. Way too funny.

Nope. You're too late. The only candidates that will be allowed to run under the "R" banner will thoroughly vetted and approved RINOs like John McCain and Mitt Romney, although the DNC will make a concerted effort to ensure all such RINOs have solid Marxist planks in their platform if they wish to be considered. Ergo, your chances for voting for any sort of fiscal responsibility or protection of individual liberties has evaporated and now you will only be able to vote for Democrats under either banner.

Sorry asshole but John McCain and Mitt Romney were republicans. The extreme right and idiots who support Trump are the ones who should find their own fucking party, they are not.

Are there any normal Repubs left in the house? Was Romney the one to turn out the lights on his way out? Magas are dangerous and want to burn it all down. Their philosopher is Bannon. If Trump did not pardon him, he would be in jail. The LCD is ruling the right.

Are there any normal Repubs left in the house? Was Romney the one to turn out the lights on his way out? Magas are dangerous and want to burn it all down. Their philosopher is Bannon. If Trump did not pardon him, he would be in jail. The LCD is ruling the right.

Did you see the MAGAT thread yesterday about Mike Johnson allegedly adopting a Black teenager years ago? TDAK declared Johnson a "RINO" because of it.

Back