Why you should never talk to police (under any circumstances)

ib1yysguy

Interesting lecture.

An law school professor and former criminal defense attorney tells you why you should never agree to be interviewed by the police.

Everything he says is true and you should take everything he says as gospel. And because there is a cop in the room with him, he took it easy on them.

Anyone who talks to the police without council is, in effect, serving as his own council.

And what is that old saying about representing yourself in court?

I love the comments on that video.

Sure, I'd like everyone ELSE guilty to fess up to it. But talking to the police never helps my case, no matter if I'm innocent or guilty. Therefore, I'm not going to talk to the police. There's nothing wrong with that.

Taking an apology letter as a confession... sheesh, that's just dirty. Don't even tell them that it in no way helps them and that the family is probably never going to see it.

Excellent video, I've seen it before. There are many who also believe that it is also unsafe to call 911 if your home is being burglarized. I haven't made my mind up on that one yet, but it's an interesting question.

Excellent video, I've seen it before. There are many who also believe that it is also unsafe to call 911 if your home is being burglarized. I haven't made my mind up on that one yet, but it's an interesting question.
It would depend entirely on whether or not you planned to shoot the intruders.

Back