Wichita State

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
Those Shockers really know how to use their hands. And fingers! :D

I was rooting for them and Florida Gulf Coast last March after Gonzaga crapped out. Looks like the Shockers will complete a perfect regular season. It will be neat to see how deep they go into March.

I dunno, people always say that as an excuse. When the Seahawks lost to the Cardinals, everyone was like, "oh, well, we needed that motivation for the playoffs." I'm not saying it's unreasoned logic, as any coach and and athletic trainer can explain in detail the strain of a sustained winning streak on the athletes, but it seems to me the Shockers would go as deep into March whether they completed a perfect season or not.

It's definitely open to debate; but I think the Patriots would have another ring if they were 17-1 going into that Superbowl instead of 18-0. It just adds a layer of pressure, and also gives the opposing team extra motivation.

As a 'Cuse fan, I was kind of glad when they lost (though not as glad when they lost twice).

I just don't know if the Shockers are that good, but I haven't really watched them. It just seems like they don't play anyone. I have to believe that in the ACC or Big 10, they'd have at least 2-3 losses.

I was unhappy when they lost twice, because it was to a team from NC. Don't you just hate Boston College, though? They ruined Notre Dame's 1993 championship bid, and then won again the following year!

Back