Will Republicans Risk It?

Robo

Verified User
Congressional Republicans are circulating the Rand Paul idea of bringing Obama’s tax hike proposal to a vote in the House where Republicans will simply vote “present” allowing the House Democrats to pass it. Then sending it to the Senate where the Democrat majority can pass it and send it to Obama’s desk for signature, giving Obama sole ownership of raising taxes and letting the chips fall where they may.

I think it’s an interesting tactic and I’m looking forward to seeing if they actually have the gonads to do it. Of course the Tea Party ain’t gonna like it but is there really any “viable” Tea Party anymore?

Anyhow, it’s risky business for Republicans when I consider how expert the “Liar-N-Chief” is at blaming the Republicans for everything. If there’s fall out for the economy as Republicans predict by raising taxes, I’m pretty sure Obama will figure out some way to pin ownership of it on the Republicans.

Congressional Republicans are circulating the Rand Paul idea of bringing Obama’s tax hike proposal to a vote in the House where Republicans will simply vote “present” allowing the House Democrats to pass it. Then sending it to the Senate where the Democrat majority can pass it and send it to Obama’s desk for signature, giving Obama sole ownership of raising taxes and letting the chips fall where they may.

I think it’s an interesting tactic and I’m looking forward to seeing if they actually have the gonads to do it. Of course the Tea Party ain’t gonna like it but is there really any “viable” Tea Party anymore?

Anyhow, it’s risky business for Republicans when I consider how expert the “Liar-N-Chief” is at blaming the Republicans for everything. If there’s fall out for the economy as Republicans predict by raising taxes, I’m pretty sure Obama will figure out some way to pin ownership of it on the Republicans.
I have my fingers crossed this happens.

People need a first-hand taste of exactly what tax hikes do to a broken economy, and they are going to get it.

Hmmm...If I was a dimwit Congressional Republican, I'd sit back and ask myself:

"Should I go home and tell my constituents I voted for a tax cut for the middle class or should I tell them I objected to it and voted Not Present"?

I suspect said dimwit Congressional Republican will have a lot of time on his hands come next election cycle...

"Should I go home and tell my constituents I voted for a tax cut for the middle class or should I tell them I objected to it and voted Not Present"?

I suspect said dimwit Congressional Republican will have a lot of time on his hands come next election cycle...
With all due respect, why shouldn't everyone have a tax hike? Don't we all use the roads, FDA, etc. etc. ?

I am not rich but I think tax hikes should be uniform and not based on envy.

What is it they're objecting to again??? Keeping the middle class tax rates as they are....and they're objection is what???

Looks like we are off to a rocky start CL. It appears you are having a problem with who the liars are. I will be here to correct you at every turn. You're welcome!

nytlogo152x23.gif

Nonpartisan Tax Report Withdrawn After G.O.P. Protest

diLvK.jpg

WASHINGTON — The Congressional Research Service has withdrawn an economic report that found no correlation between top tax rates and economic growth, a central tenet of conservative economic theory, after Senate Republicans raised concerns about the paper’s findings and wording.

The decision, made in late September against the advice of the agency’s economic team leadership, drew almost no notice at the time. Senator Charles E. Schumer, Democrat of New York, cited the study a week and a half after it was withdrawn in a speech on tax policy at the National Press Club.

But it could actually draw new attention to the report, which questions the premise that lowering the top marginal tax rate stimulates economic growth and job creation.

“This has hues of a banana republic,” Mr. Schumer said. “They didn’t like a report, and instead of rebutting it, they had them take it down.”

Republicans have also tried to discredit the private Tax Policy Center ever since the research organization declared that Mitt Romney’s proposal to cut tax rates by 20 percent while protecting the middle class and not increasing the deficit was mathematically impossible. For years, conservatives have pressed the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office to factor in robust economic growth when it is asked to calculate the cost of tax cuts to the federal budget.

Congressional aides and outside economists said they were not aware of previous efforts to discredit a study from the research service.

“When their math doesn’t add up, Republicans claim that their vague version of economic growth will somehow magically make up the difference. And when that is refuted, they’re left with nothing more to lean on than charges of bias against nonpartisan experts,” said Representative Sander Levin of Michigan, ranking Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee.

more

"The debt explosion has resulted not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party's embrace, about three decades ago, of the insidious doctrine that deficits don't matter if they result from tax cuts."
David Stockman - Director of the Office of Management and Budget for U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

I have my fingers crossed this happens.

People need a first-hand taste of exactly what tax hikes do to a broken economy, and they are going to get it.

I have already put my increase aside anticipating it. I agree with you once they get a taste they will not vote for these idiots again

What tax cut?

The problem is, voting "present" is not voting in objection, and that claim can simply not be supported rationally. Would it be better for them to try and go explain to their constituents how they are obstructing the people who won the election? Would it be better to try explaining how they abandoned their conservative principles and went along with the people who won the election? To me, neither option is optimal for the Conservative. They are better off just voting "present" and washing their hands of it all.

The fact that all of you pinheads are here yammering incessantly about this, tells me it's the right way to go. You remind me of Jim Carey in The Mask... "Somebody stop me!" You people WANT republicans to obstruct and oppose you, so that you can run around playing the victim, making up lies and false claims, and pretending the conditions aren't improving because the mean old republicans won't let you do what all you want to do.

I'm with Paul on this, let's drag out every convoluted cockamamie kook idea the liberals have proposed, and send it to the Senate for approval! Bombard the son of a bitch's desk with all the wild and crazy ideas proposed by his own party, and let you fuckwits deal with the consequences. Libertarian retards didn't seem to mind if Obama got re-elected, let's see if they mind complete and total liberalism running the show? This should make most liberals giddy, you should all be creaming your panties over the notion, but instead, we have you posturing and speculating on how you can spin this into obstructionism from republicans, good fucking luck with that.

Neither. Explain that they are not going to 'object' to what was apparently the will of the people in November. Then state why they think the policies are wrong, what they believe will happen, then vote present.

Hey, there's $100 Million, (you do remember that number, right? With all the billions and trillions being thrown about), in spending cuts over 10 years. The administration is serious this time. Now spending? It's a bit higher, but we're not talking about that.

I guess Fox news is not telling these fools that the American people WANT the top tax rates to go up?

They never told them the demographics of this country would make it impossible for them to win another national election with their prejudice either.

Bad info in

bad decisions out.

Go PAUL

I guess Fox news is not telling these fools that the American people WANT the top tax rates to go up?

They never told them the demographics of this country would make it impossible for them to win another national election with their prejudice either.

Bad info in

bad decisions out.

Go PAUL

Should politicians always do what the polls say?

The problem is, voting "present" is not voting in objection, and that claim can simply not be supported rationally. Would it be better for them to try and go explain to their constituents how they are obstructing the people who won the election? Would it be better to try explaining how they abandoned their conservative principles and went along with the people who won the election? To me, neither option is optimal for the Conservative. They are better off just voting "present" and washing their hands of it all.

The fact that all of you pinheads are here yammering incessantly about this, tells me it's the right way to go. You remind me of Jim Carey in The Mask... "Somebody stop me!" You people WANT republicans to obstruct and oppose you, so that you can run around playing the victim, making up lies and false claims, and pretending the conditions aren't improving because the mean old republicans won't let you do what all you want to do.

I'm with Paul on this, let's drag out every convoluted cockamamie kook idea the liberals have proposed, and send it to the Senate for approval! Bombard the son of a bitch's desk with all the wild and crazy ideas proposed by his own party, and let you fuckwits deal with the consequences. Libertarian retards didn't seem to mind if Obama got re-elected, let's see if they mind complete and total liberalism running the show? This should make most liberals giddy, you should all be creaming your panties over the notion, but instead, we have you posturing and speculating on how you can spin this into obstructionism from republicans, good fucking luck with that.

No Dixtard, the problem (for you) is that no one else is as stupid as you are.

Back