Will Russia go nuclear in Ukraine?

signalmankenneth

Verified User
Russia using chemical or nuclear weapons in Ukraine would require a NATO/US response, as in militarily?!! Russia started this unnecessary war, and when you start a war it should not be cake walk, it should be costly in men and material?!! Ukraine offered not to join NATO before the invasion, but Putin rejected it?!!

Ukraine's counteroffensive gained momentum this week, with the country's forces overrunning Russian forces and retaking more than 20 villages in the northeastern Kharkiv region over a single day. The sudden, unexpectedly overwhelming surge forced the outnumbered Russian troops to retreat in disarray, leaving equipment behind as Ukrainian forces pushed through to the Russian border. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky praised his troops, saying, "the enemy is panicking," and promised that Ukrainian forces would take back every inch of territory Russia has seized since invading in February.

The battlefield setbacks raised pressure on Russian President Vladimir Putin. The rout of his forces in the northeastern Kharkiv region highlighted miscalculations by Putin and his military leaders. Prominent Russians have started publicly criticizing Putin's strategy. "Mistakes were made," Ramzan Kadyrov, the Moscow-backed leader of the Russian region of Chechnya, said in a Telegram post, calling for a change in strategy. Ukraine's military chief, Gen. Valery Zaluzhny, there is a "direct threat" that Russia could resort to using tactical nuclear weapons, which could drag other powers into a "limited" nuclear conflict that could expand into "World War III." Would Russia go nuclear in response to setbacks on the battlefield?

"Ukraine's counteroffensive against invading Russian forces is an important turn in the war," says The Wall Street Journal in an editorial. In a week-long rush, Ukraine has retaken more territory than Russia has seized since April. This unexpected success, after months of what felt like an impasse, has done wonders for Ukrainians' morale, but it is "not without peril as Vladimir Putin calculates how to respond." So far, Russia has hit back with strikes against Ukrainian power stations in "an attack on electricity for civilians." A greater danger is that Putin will "engage NATO forces in some fashion that he would blame on the West and use to justify the military draft." Worse, he might resort to using chemical or tactical nuclear weapons. Remember, Putin "is capable of anything."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-nuclear-ukraine-124839923.html
333428_image.jpg

Last edited:
The Russians have a range of horrendous weapons to use before using tactical nuclear weapons.
However, if NATO supplies the Zelenskies with long-range weapons then they've been quite clear that that will be viewed as the US taking an active part in hostilities. That will be viewed as an existential threat to Russia and that will trigger a nuclear response.
NATO didn't listen when Russia requested border security. NATO had better listen now.

No...why would they?

To gain what?

Unless Russian territory is invaded by NATO...I see no reason for the war to go nuclear.

No...why would they?

To gain what?

Unless Russian territory is invaded by NATO...I see no reason for the war to go nuclear.

Because Putin is nuts. If he'd simply backed the Separatist region, he'd have been fine but he was crazy enough to think invading all of Ukraine would be a cakewalk. That's not stupid, it's insane.

I dont see any chance that the Chinese would approve this, and Russia is no longer in a position to defy the Chinese.

I am surprised that VDH does not agree with me, but then again I see no sign that he understands the Chinese/Russian dynamic.

Because Putin is nuts. If he'd simply backed the Separatist region, he'd have been fine but he was crazy enough to think invading all of Ukraine would be a cakewalk. That's not stupid, it's insane.

The Russians advanced on Kiev- the Zelenskies rushed to defend it. Russia took the Donbas.

The Russians advanced on Kiev- the Zelenskies rushed to defend it. Russia took the Donbas.

What are "Zelenskies"? Yes, Putin invades Ukraine with the expectation it'd be a cakewalk then gets his ass repeatedly kicked for six months.

Kinda like the Arabs continually attacking Israel and then forced to run with their tails between their legs. LOL

Perversion is relative, Ms. Moon. In your culture, men licking a woman's vagina until she has an orgasm is perversion.

In fact, don't most Muslims snip off a woman's clitoris to prevent her from experiencing God's gift of orgasm? To me, you're the pervert for supporting such practices.

Are you cut, Ms. Moon? If you have a daughter or niece, were they cut?

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/female-genital-mutilation
  • Female genital mutilation (FGM) involves the partial or total removal of external female genitalia or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.
  • The practice has no health benefits for girls and women.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2010/06/16/qa-female-genital-mutilation
In its report "They Took Me and Told Me Nothing: Female Genital Mutilation in Iraqi Kurdistan," Human Rights Watch uses the term female genital mutilation or FGM.

https://www.cmi.no/publications/5687-what-does-islam-have-to-do-with-it
What does Islam have to do with it? A close look at the facts: FGM in the Horn of Africa

I enjoy watching you incriminate yourself, purple dick.

Haw, haw, haw, haw, haw.............................haw, haw.............................haw.

The Russians have a range of horrendous weapons to use before using tactical nuclear weapons.
However, if NATO supplies the Zelenskies with long-range weapons then they've been quite clear that that will be viewed as the US taking an active part in hostilities. That will be viewed as an existential threat to Russia and that will trigger a nuclear response.
NATO didn't listen when Russia requested border security. NATO had better listen now.
NATO provided long range weapons to Ukraine, and Putin did not launch a nuclear response.

Ukraine invaded Russia and occupied Russian territory, and Putin blinked. He is basically trying to pretend it never happened.

None of Putin's red lines can be believed. He is full of empty bluster and meaningless threats. .

NATO provided long range weapons to Ukraine, and Putin did not launch a nuclear response.

Ukraine invaded Russia and occupied Russian territory, and Putin blinked. He is basically trying to pretend it never happened.

None of Putin's red lines can be believed. He is full of empty bluster and meaningless threats. .
You'll be a smear of ash along with everybody else.

Back