Wingnut crap of the week...

Cypress

Has any candiate ever won on the ever-important flag lapel pin issue? Or, do voters tend to think blundering us into a God forsaken and unneccessary war, and then lying about it, trump the flag pin issue?

As Sadr Threatens Full-Scale War, McCain Says He Is ‘Rather Pleased’

The AP reports today that as a result of Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki’s recent offensive against Iraqi Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr’s militia, Sadr may “set aside his political ambitions” and restart “a full-scale fight against U.S.-led forces.” The violence would likely show “potentially disastrous security implications” across the country.

But Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is happy with the outcome. In a blogger conference call today, he said the results in Basra and southern Iraq were a “pleasant turn of events” in his view. Sadr, McCain says, is now marginalized. The bloggers reported on McCain’s responses:

Hot Air: It’s a “pleasant turn of events.” We’ve been pressing Maliki for action, and he persevered through some setbacks to success. Basra now is under Maliki’s control, and it has united the central government. Sadr is marginalized. “Overall, I’m rather pleased.”

Sadr is hardly marginalized; in fact, the opposite is likely true. As the AP notes, Sadr still commands at least 60,000 fighters — “5,000 thought to be highly trained commandos” — and he is “emboldened by its strong resistance to an Iraqi-led crackdown.”

It’s unclear what McCain is “rather pleased” about. Contrary to the “limited” role McCain saw, U.S. soldiers on the ground reported they bore the brunt of the responsibility when assisting Iraqi forces. Some estimates say roughly 400 civilians have been killed, including several Americans soldiers dying in the Green Zone.

thinkprogress.org

And a re-post for old times sake.

Because it was THAT good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwqEneBKUs&eurl=http://www.eschatonblog.com/2008_04_20_archive.html

Iraq: It was a good idea.

I wonder if McCain believes in the flag as much as Obama. It's admittedly difficult for voters to know who has the most love for and belief in our sacred flag.

So many issues, so little time.

Its hard to say who loves the flag more, and I certantly want to vote for the guy who loves it more!

While Obama sometimes forgets his flag lapel pin... The red clashes with McCain's skin tone!

I wish we still had flag factories in the USA so we could see who could tour more of them during the campaign, then we would truely know who loves the flag more and it would be easy for those of us who understand the issue to know who to vote for!

Back