Winterborn's idea of freedom of religion

flaja

You believe that making a business owner hire someone whose lifestyle violates the business owner’s religion does not in any way violate the business owner’s freedom of religion.

So, would you say that church must obey anti-discrimination laws? If a Baptist church wanted to hire a pianist for its worship services, should that Baptist church be allowed to refuse to hire a non-Baptist? If anti-discrimination laws cannot violate freedom of religion, explain how making a Baptist Church hire a Catholic, a Jew, a Pagan or a Sodomite does not violate that church’s freedom of religion.

You believe that making a business owner hire someone whose lifestyle violates the business owner’s religion does not in any way violate the business owner’s freedom of religion.

So, would you say that church must obey anti-discrimination laws? If a Baptist church wanted to hire a pianist for its worship services, should that Baptist church be allowed to refuse to hire a non-Baptist? If anti-discrimination laws cannot violate freedom of religion, explain how making a Baptist Church hire a Catholic, a Jew, a Pagan or a Sodomite does not violate that church’s freedom of religion.

If you are creating an entire thread based on our debate I must have made some good points.

If you are going to hire someone for a performance in a religious ceremony, then their religious beliefs and adherence to those beliefs would be part of the job criteria.

But that is not what you posted in the other thread. You just said that the antidiscrimination laws stopped you from exercising your constitution right to freely practice your religion. Your example was a christian owned business not being allowed to refuse to hire sodomites, pagans and others you deem unacceptable even though the reasons you find them unacceptable have nothing to do with the job criteria.

If you want to hire an accountant then anyone who is qualified for the job should be given consideration.

And how do you know who is a sodomite and who is not? Do you intend to have a job application that asks about sexual preferences and sexual acts?

And just to make it clear, a sodomite is not necessarily a gay man or lesbian.

I'll tell you this for nothing.

There is no way in hell this thread is going to end up with a list of posters stating, for the record, whether they themselves have taken a lady up the bottom.

You hear me? Not a chance, Jack.

There is no way in hell this thread is going to end up with a list of posters stating, for the record, whether they themselves have taken a lady up the bottom.

Does anyone know the definition of sodomy?

Last edited:

: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex ;

So oral sex with your spouse is just as much sodomy as two gay men engaging in anal sex.

Charver do you think the chances are any better that there will be a list of poster stating, for the record, that they have received or given oral sex with a member of the opposite sex?

If you are creating an entire thread based on our debate I must have made some good points.

If you are going to hire someone for a performance in a religious ceremony, then their religious beliefs and adherence to those beliefs would be part of the job criteria.

But that is not what you posted in the other thread. You just said that the antidiscrimination laws stopped you from exercising your constitution right to freely practice your religion. Your example was a christian owned business not being allowed to refuse to hire sodomites, pagans and others you deem unacceptable even though the reasons you find them unacceptable have nothing to do with the job criteria.

If you want to hire an accountant then anyone who is qualified for the job should be given consideration.

And how do you know who is a sodomite and who is not? Do you intend to have a job application that asks about sexual preferences and sexual acts?

Yes, I recently found out that any oral sex can be considered Sodomy. I had no idea I was a Sodomite...

It made me sad, and happy at the same time. And now it has the extra excitement of being even more "naughty" than I ever thought.

LOL. Subtle much?

: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex ;

So oral sex with your spouse is just as much sodomy as two gay men engaging in anal sex.

Charver do you think the chances are any better that there will be a list of poster stating, for the record, that they have received or given oral sex with a member of the opposite sex?

You see i knew they would drag it out of me in the end (not literally though you filthy oiks).

Yes, i've done that.

Mind you, i've been out with some right old tarts. Let you do all sorts after a couple of 'Bacardi Breezers', they would. Aaaal sorts i'm tellin' you.

I'll bet i'm the only one though.

Yes, I recently found out that any oral sex can be considered Sodomy. I had no idea I was a Sodomite...

It made me sad, and happy at the same time. And now it has the extra excitement of being even more "naughty" than I ever thought.

And Flaja wants to be able to refuse to hire you because of that naughtiness.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing, isn't it Damocles?

And Flaja wants to be able to refuse to hire you because of that naughtiness.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing, isn't it Damocles?

I was quite shocked.

Normally, the people who bandy the word "sodomite" around are such lovely open-minded sorts.

The Southern Man appreciates your acknowledgment of his mastery of the English vocabulary.

I can never forget a man well versed in sodomy.

Although, to tell you the truth sodomy is more an American preoccupation. Over here we much prefer buggery, by Jove.

I can never forget a man well versed in sodomy.

Although, to tell you the truth sodomy is more an American preoccupation. Over here we much prefer buggery, by Jove.

Its only a preoccupation with certain Americans. And oddly, they seem to get caught tapping their toes in airport mens rooms or paying male prostitues for sexual favors.

Back