Wisconsin Republicans turn on Trump

floridafan

Verified User
Republicans in Wisconsin have second thoughts about choosing Donald Trump as the party's next presidential nominee.

A recent Marquette University Law School Poll in Wisconsin found Trump was losing to Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) by 16 points in a head-to-head matchup.

Wisconsin Republicans explained to Fox News why they had lost faith in Trump's ability to win.

"Trump, of course, did a great job as president, but DeSantis is very, very impressive," Wisconsin state Sen. Duey Stroebel (R-WI) said. "And I think more and more people really are doubting Trump's ability to win a general election, and I think these results kind of prove it."

"I think it's extremely important that we pick someone who can win," he added. "And, you know, as much as Trump did a great job as president, there is a certain segment of this population that there's just no way in hell they're going to vote for Donald Trump. And I think without some of those people, we can't win a general election with Donald Trump as our is our choice."

Republican Party of Sawyer County Chairman John Righeimer agreed in a statement to Fox News.

"We just don't think he can win the general," Righeimer remarked. "I think the Democrats want to run against Trump. I think they know they can beat Trump. Joe Biden stayed in the basement and beat Trump, basically just because of the dislike for Trump."

Republicans in Wisconsin have second thoughts about choosing Donald Trump as the party's next presidential nominee.

A recent Marquette University Law School Poll in Wisconsin found Trump was losing to Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) by 16 points in a head-to-head matchup.

Wisconsin Republicans explained to Fox News why they had lost faith in Trump's ability to win.

"Trump, of course, did a great job as president, but DeSantis is very, very impressive," Wisconsin state Sen. Duey Stroebel (R-WI) said. "And I think more and more people really are doubting Trump's ability to win a general election, and I think these results kind of prove it."

"I think it's extremely important that we pick someone who can win," he added. "And, you know, as much as Trump did a great job as president, there is a certain segment of this population that there's just no way in hell they're going to vote for Donald Trump. And I think without some of those people, we can't win a general election with Donald Trump as our is our choice."

Republican Party of Sawyer County Chairman John Righeimer agreed in a statement to Fox News.

"We just don't think he can win the general," Righeimer remarked. "I think the Democrats want to run against Trump. I think they know they can beat Trump. Joe Biden stayed in the basement and beat Trump, basically just because of the dislike for Trump."

You want DeSantis?

^Gaslightage to the maximum of wishful thinking. :whoa:

"Trump, of course, did a great job as president, but DeSantis is very, very impressive," Wisconsin state Sen. Duey Stroebel (R-WI) said.
"And I think more and more people really are doubting Trump's ability to win a general election, and I think these results kind of prove it."

Anyone who actually thinks there is any merit to what is highlighted here is either insane...or stupid as a bag of rocks.

Both Trump and DeSantis are disgusting human beings...and if elected, either will be a pollutant on our Republic.

The people who form the core of the Republican Party are the greatest danger our nation has ever faced...much greater than any foreign power.

Anyone who actually thinks there is any merit to what is highlighted here is either insane...or stupid as a bag of rocks.

Both Trump and DeSantis are disgusting human beings...and if elected, either will be a pollutant on our Republic.

The people who form the core of the Republican Party are the greatest danger our nation has ever faced...much greater than any foreign power.

Exactly!

Back