Woman Goes to Jail for Late Blockbuster Videos

I think this happened a few years ago with another person, as well. Of course, that time the person who was arrested owed many thousands of dollars in late fees.

a tax increase to buy taser batteries with :cheer:

My local cops just got a couple of Tasers....

I wish I had a Taser years ago, I would have saved on all the foot injuries I got from kicking people into insensibility. Mind you I would have missed the delicious tactile sensation of my boot going into soft flesh. It's almost seductive, the feel of the heavy boot making its way into the vulnerable flesh of your victim.

Nah, fuck Tasers, they take all the fun out of it. :mad:

My family and I frequent the library and constantly accrue fines. But when they get to be about $5, we pay them off and start over. My brother and sister have each managed to hit $20 in their lifetimes, and, along with my best friend, used this "eliminate all your fines for children under 18 once in your lifetime" policy to cop out of it! :)

Of course, its no big deal, because fines for movies used to be $1 a day, and CD's were $0.30, but now everything is $0.10, so its not really a big deal...

An intelligent person waits a week, declares them missing so they stop getting fined, and then after a month the library declares them lost and they are fined to replace the books. Its far cheaper than racking up thousands of dollars in fines...

Of course, she could just walk in, not check them out, and walk out with them, which would not cost anything...

Back