World of Warcraft bans the word white

Tinkerpeach

So I go to make a new character and I want to name her white witch or some variation so I type it in and their system tells me that offensive terms are not allowed and I’m like WTF

So I type in green witch and no warning, I type in white unicorn and I get the warning again.

So apparently now the word white is considered offensive

So I go to make a new character and I want to name her white witch or some variation so I type it in and their system tells me that offensive terms are not allowed and I’m like WTF

So I type in green witch and no warning, I type in white unicorn and I get the warning again.

wow, games.

So, use "Blanco," "Weiss," or "Shiro" instead. The censortards almost certainly didn't ban that word in Spanish, German, or Japanese, among other languages to pick from...

So video capture it so we'll know you're telling the truth.

Please just shut the fuck up.

How old are you? over 55 posts a day and now, complains about games, you must still live with your parents

I remember a site year ago banned the word "screw." That is, the thing you use to hold two things together. I assume in their censor's minds the only association of the word was sexual in meaning. So I substituted An inclined plane wrapped around a cylinder. Nobody knew what I meant but at least the censors didn't figure out I was talking about a screw...

I remember a site year ago banned the word "screw." That is, the thing you use to hold two things together. I assume in their censor's minds the only association of the word was sexual in meaning. So I substituted An inclined plane wrapped around a cylinder. Nobody knew what I meant but at least the censors didn't figure out I was talking about a screw...

I am sure you thought that was clever.

I have not found anything about the OP's claim anywhere. My guess he/she/it either lied or something went wrong.

aeYyVHj.jpg

Oh no Brandon won't be able to say, white supremacists anymore

I'm guessing you didn't read the latest user terms of service.
WoW is allowed to read all your social media posts, emails and other online interactions and if your posts reveal you to be a white supremacist then you can no longer use the word "white" in a character name.

I'm guessing you didn't read the latest user terms of service.
WoW is allowed to read all your social media posts, emails and other online interactions and if your posts reveal you to be a white supremacist then you can no longer use the word "white" in a character name.

You have a link to that? I'd be interested in seeing what their standard for that is.

Der Juden - the whites - are to be erased from history.

Blizzard are just being good Nazis.

Back