Worst Investment advice you'll ever get!

I made thousands on it last year and I'll make thousands on it this year.
Do you even have a brokerage account Junior???

The worst advice by far was Dave's advice to buy WM today. It was down ~25%. Toppy wasn't even close to being this bad.

Not to mention, a good portion of that 25% that it was down would have been covered had you bought when I told you to buy, first thing in the morning at market open. It was down to 5.25.

The worst advice by far was Dave's advice to buy WM today. It was down ~25%. Toppy wasn't even close to being this bad.

Then you did not pay attention to his advice on the stock. He said buy early and dump it when you have a gain of 20%. I personally used options on the stock and made just under 100% in it yesterday. (just on a small amount, but still... about $500 for holding the options for 30 minutes)

Then you did not pay attention to his advice on the stock. He said buy early and dump it when you have a gain of 20%. I personally used options on the stock and made just under 100% in it yesterday. (just on a small amount, but still... about $500 for holding the options for 30 minutes)

Yeah I pumped what I thought the peak was a little bit (I thought it would be 7.00) but He had till 2:00 or 2:30 to sell and still make a profit if he bought first thing. Wasn't bad advice at all for a day trader. But hey, if you still got the stock, only thing I can tell you is buy more below 4.00 and hold long. LOL

Uh.. no I bought at 5.29 and sold at 6.15... you probably just didnt sell in time before it folded. lol
I didn't buy it because it does not meet my rule set. When I follow my rule set, I make money; When I don't, I lose money. I'll keep an eye on it and wait for it to meet the rule set.

Last edited:
I didn't buy it because it does not meet my rule set. When I follow my rule set, I make money; When I don't, I lose money. I'll keep an eye on it and wait for it to meet the rule set.

It is good to stick to your investment philosophy, but that does not make his advice "the worst". Does it?

It is good to stick to your investment philosophy, but that does not make his advice "the worst". Does it?
Nah, not really. I don't day trade because it does not fit my psychology. For me, it would have been terrible advice.

Everyone knows the worst investment advice comes from the brokerage houses. I use TC2007 for charting. I went through (manually - laid eyeballs on each chart) all 7124 symbols in the system over the weekend. On a one year chart most were down, some lateral, few uptrending, yet the vast majority of brokerages still rate 90+% of all rated stocks as "buy." They performed similarly in the 2000-2001 tech bubble burst.

IMHO, you HAVE to do your own analysis and ignore the talking heads. Do you agree?

Last edited:
Nah, not really. I don't day trade because it does not fit my psychology. For me, it would have been terrible advice.

Everyone knows the worst investment advice comes from the brokerage houses. I use TC2007 for charting. I went through (manually - laid eyeballs on each chart) all 7124 symbols in the system over the weekend. On a one year chart most were down, some lateral, few uptrending, yet the vast majority of brokerages still rate 90+% of all rated stocks as "buy." They performed similarly in the 2000-2001 tech bubble burst.

IMHO, you HAVE to do your own analysis and ignore the talking heads. Do you agree?

I was under teh assumption you wanted to make a quick profit, since you mentioned how WB went up 25% on the day. I knew WM would post bad earnings but there would be a rally the next day. The rally happened and I sold when I saw it ended. It didn't hold of course but there was enough time to sell for a profit and realize that there was an 'Oh Shit' moment that the rally wasn't holding. I can't believe the rally happened fundamentally, but financials were all doing it with bad numbers.

everyone on here always talks about perfect timing and always making money.. I for one am not everyone and i often lose on a trade and im not ashamed to admit it.

But every once in awhile i make a nice gain like 40% in a month or something.

I Sometimes sell options to hedge by bets... but then kick myself because i could have made so much more without the options.

Back