Wow... That took way too long. But we'll be back up in a few hours.

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Our Innodb had a corruption, it started small and just kept perpetuating through every backup I had. I keep about a month's worth on hand, every one of them were corrupted. I found two old ones, one had 76 characters of corruption... The oldest had none. I was able to finally get the site back up and running, but we've lost many, many posts, over a year's worth. I don't have to start from scratch, but pretty danged close.

May 3rd, 2014... I think that's when the backup that was clean was from. The server company had no backups that had no corruption either. But finally! Finally! I've fixed it.

Our Innodb had a corruption, it started small and just kept perpetuating through every backup I had. I keep about a month's worth on hand, every one of them were corrupted. I found two old ones, one had 76 characters of corruption... The oldest had none. I was able to finally get the site back up and running, but we've lost many, many posts, over a year's worth. I don't have to start from scratch, but pretty danged close.

I think I can speak for all members of this group in thanking Damocles for all his hard work and dedication he puts in to this group. Without Damo, it's like having a foot that doesn't have a big toe.

So let's all show our appreciation for our best buddy and big toe...Damocles!

Last edited:
Back