Yes, he said that: The markets

Concart

Contributor
Trump had this to say about the markets and the reason they have been increasing in value: at his rally in North Carolina.

Many people say the only reason the stock market is up is because people think I’m going to win, did you ever hear that? But there was one day a couple weeks ago when they weren’t thinking that.”

Do you think that the markets are responding to the possibility of a Trump victory? What happened on that one day that caused investors to believe he wasn't going to win, after which they went right back to believing it again? What event sent the markets tumbling for a single day. Given that Harris appears to be gaining in the polls, why are investors still bullish on Trump?

I'm fairly confident that Trump's statement is completely detached from reality. I have invested for over 40 years, and it always appeared to me that the markets responded to economic factors, not a belief that a particular candidate was going to win.

Was Trump right? What happened for that one day?

Discuss.

I was waiting for a thread on this one.

It's actually mind-blowing. Because he's not kidding - he's serious.

Honestly, I don't even think a child would say something like this.

I was waiting for a thread on this one.

It's actually mind-blowing. Because he's not kidding - he's serious.

Honestly, I don't even think a child would say something like this
This is a classic Trump tactic. 'People say x, have you heard that?' He never says that about anything he DOESN'T believe. Ever. He does not understand how things work, especially complex things like market forces. It's the reason he believes that more drilling will reduce inflation. He doesn't understand inflationary forces. He is uniquely unfit for any office or role that requires critical thinking. It's a characteristic shared by the majority of his supporters.

This is a classic Trump tactic. 'People say x, have you heard that?' He never says that about anything he DOESN'T believe. Ever. He does not understand how things work, especially complex things like market forces. It's the reason he believes that more drilling will reduce inflation. He doesn't understand inflationary forces. He is uniquely unfit for any office or role that requires critical thinking. It's a characteristic shared by the majority of his supporters.
He knows what he saying, lying is part of his schtick, he says outrageous things, lies, but he also knows the idiocy will bring him attention and will be echoed thru the cult and the right wing media eventually being accepted as fact by the majority of them

Remember back in 2015 when Jeb Bush complained that his policy statements were getting little coverage while Trump’s idiocy from the podium was covered beginning to end

Back