Yet another deadly crane collapse

Hey the victims were only contract employees.
dime a dozen.

Accidents do happen. Construction is a dangerous occupation. There are a thousand one liners pertaining to this.

If you think it's anything other than an isolated incident, seek to have legislation enacted to remove these deadly behemoths from workplaces across america. The Egyptians managed to build without cranes. We should be able to do the same.

Accidents do happen. Construction is a dangerous occupation. There are a thousand one liners pertaining to this.

If you think it's anything other than an isolated incident, seek to have legislation enacted to remove these deadly behemoths from workplaces across america. The Egyptians managed to build without cranes. We should be able to do the same.
I would much prefer the crane to the methods the Egyptians used.

Another? I haven't heard about the first one.

I hadn't heard about the first one either. The initial post seem to suggest that these types of accidents have not happened before until now. No amount of regulation is going to prevent an accident if some overpowering windforce takes over (short of not allowing any type of mid to high rises to be built).

Accidents do not just happen. They happen when people take short cuts, when people do not have the proper training, when companies put profits before the safety of employees, and when the regulations are ignored.

All of those crane collapses were preventable.

Back