You cant vote unless you prove you are a citizen two days ago

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/26/voter.suppression/index.html?eref=rss_politics

This is how they do it folks.

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- College senior Kyla Berry was looking forward to voting in her first presidential election, even carrying her voter registration card in her wallet.

"Vote suppression is real. It does sometimes happen," said Daniel P. Tokaji, a law professor at Ohio State University.

But about two weeks ago, Berry got disturbing news from local election officials.

"This office has received notification from the state of Georgia indicating that you are not a citizen of the United States and therefore, not eligible to vote," a letter from the Fulton County Department of Registration and Elections said.

But Berry is a U.S. citizen, born in Boston, Massachusetts. She has a passport and a birth certificate to prove it. Watch some of the concerns of voting experts »

The letter, which was dated October 2, gave her a week from the time it was dated to prove her citizenship. There was a problem, though -- the letter was postmarked October 9.

"It was the most bizarre thing. I immediately called my mother and asked her to send me my birth certificate, and then I was like, 'It's too late, apparently,' " Berry said.

"What most people don't know is that every year, elections officials strike millions of names from the voter rolls using processes that are secret, prone to error and vulnerable to manipulation," said Wendy Weiser, an elections expert with New York University's Brennan Center for Justice.

"That means that lots and lots of eligible voters could get knocked off the voter rolls without any notice and, in many cases, without any opportunity to correct it before Election Day."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/26/voter.suppression/index.html?eref=rss_politics

This is how they do it folks.

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- College senior Kyla Berry was looking forward to voting in her first presidential election, even carrying her voter registration card in her wallet.

"Vote suppression is real. It does sometimes happen," said Daniel P. Tokaji, a law professor at Ohio State University.

But about two weeks ago, Berry got disturbing news from local election officials.

"This office has received notification from the state of Georgia indicating that you are not a citizen of the United States and therefore, not eligible to vote," a letter from the Fulton County Department of Registration and Elections said.

But Berry is a U.S. citizen, born in Boston, Massachusetts. She has a passport and a birth certificate to prove it. Watch some of the concerns of voting experts »

The letter, which was dated October 2, gave her a week from the time it was dated to prove her citizenship. There was a problem, though -- the letter was postmarked October 9.

"It was the most bizarre thing. I immediately called my mother and asked her to send me my birth certificate, and then I was like, 'It's too late, apparently,' " Berry said.

Desh I'm so impressed by your discovery....What an amazing insight....Could you tell me where the Fountain of Youth is? Or how about the Holy Grail?

CK

Why do kathy , Damo and Super not care about these voters?

"these voters" ??? This is ONE VOTER....ACORN is responsible for illegally registering 10's of thousands of bogus voters across the country....why aren't you bitching about that FACT....

"these voters" ??? This is ONE VOTER....ACORN is responsible for illegally registering 10's of thousands of bogus voters across the country....why aren't you bitching about that FACT....

That is all an allegation.

Just like last election in which I will remind you not one false vote was cast and the facts turned up only a couple of dozen in the whole fucking country

That is all an allegation.

Just like last election in which I will remind you not one false vote was cast and the facts turned up only a couple of dozen in the whole fucking country

this also is an allegation, however, if real then this young lady should be seeking a lawyer ASAP!!!!!!. There is nothing that should prevent this girl from voting if she's got her registration.

:lmao:

Desh, call Rep. Waxman & Rep. Conyers, I am sure you could those two idiots to call for a special investigation into this one person not being able to vote.

Mickey Mouse isn't voting this year.

This girl tried to; her story is one of hundreds of thousands. These are actual votes that are not going to be counted.

Desh, call Rep. Waxman & Rep. Conyers, I am sure you could those two idiots to call for a special investigation into this one person not being able to vote

Man am I tired of stupid people.

I really dont know what they think they are accomplishing?

Im really begining to think there is a real dishonest core to the right who think people dont notice they are lying sacks of shit.

As if anyone who read this thread doesnt realize it was not one person in this case?

Who they hell do they think they are fooling?

Im going to have to take a break from politics on line for awhile and just rejoice with my democratic friends at the massive landslide and the ensuing investigations which prove the true extent of the graft and felony fraud in the election system.

Yeah maybe you idiots will talk some pathetic kid into killing some Americans with you idiotic hate filled attacks on president Obama.

He will probably some poor Iraqi soldier who has Ptsd and and no family to help him.

You dont care , it will make you feel powerful.

You will pretend to be sad about it for a day or two and then go back to spewing hate again.

Your numbers will dwindle and then your influence will be a thing of the past.

Im really going to come down on you when this happens though.

Desh, call Rep. Waxman & Rep. Conyers, I am sure you could those two idiots to call for a special investigation into this one person not being able to vote

Man am I tired of stupid people.

I really dont know what they think they are accomplishing?

Im really begining to think there is a real dishonest core to the right who think people dont notice they are lying sacks of shit.

As if anyone who read this thread doesnt realize it was not one person in this case?

Who they hell do they think they are fooling?

Im going to have to take a break from politics on line for awhile and just rejoice with my democratic friends at the massive landslide and the ensuing investigations which prove the true extent of the graft and felony fraud in the election system.

Yeah maybe you idiots will talk some pathetic kid into killing some Americans with you idiotic hate filled attacks on president Obama.

He will probably some poor Iraqi soldier who has Ptsd and and no family to help him.

You dont care , it will make you feel powerful.

You will pretend to be sad about it for a day or two and then go back to spewing hate again.

Your numbers will dwindle and then your influence will be a thing of the past.

Im really going to come down on you when this happens though.

Join the club we got jackets.

I don't think she needs a lawyer, she could simply show up at the county clerk's office show the letter was sent on the 9th and proof of her citizenship and have it dealt with by now. Instead we are reading about it weeks later.

I don't think she needs a lawyer, she could simply show up at the county clerk's office show the letter was sent on the 9th and proof of her citizenship and have it dealt with by now. Instead we are reading about it weeks later.

why should she have to go to the clerks office?
I am sure everyone has time to do that between 8am and 4 pm monday thru friday.

why should she have to go to the clerks office?
I am sure everyone has time to do that between 8am and 4 pm monday thru friday.
Because anybody who receives that letter would need to. The reality is, not all people are eligible to vote.

Asking somebody to verify this isn't something that is impossible or unreasonable.

It is when you are already holding a voter registration card.
Not particularly that card can't even be used as "identification" at the polling place.

Again. Not everybody is eligible to vote, asking somebody for verification is not unreasonable, doing it before the election which allows for time for correction of errors is certainly not purposeful "disenfranchising". Sending it out 7 days after it was dated? Bureaucracy at it's worst. Correctable if you actually go to the place that you would need to? Definitely.

Back