You Get What You Pay For!

Taichiliberal

Shaken, not stirred!
Well, after all the grandstanding with the Constitution reading and all, maybe we should just take a moment to reflect on just what the new House speaker and his buddies are all about:

In late June of 1995 then-GOP Conference Chairman John Boehner handed out "about a half-dozen" checks from the political action committee of tobacco company Brown & Williamson Corp. to fellow Republicans on the floor of the House.

Boehner's chief of staff Barry Jackson stated, "We were trying to help guys who needed to get their June 30th numbers up, their cash-on-hand numbers up. All leadership does this. We have to raise money for people and help them raise money."

Boehner was forced to stop handed out the checks when two freshmen Republicans, "appalled by it," confronted him and voiced their displeasure. Boehner's reaction was one of tempered apology, "I thought, 'Yeah, I can imagine why somebody would be upset. It sure doesn't look good.' It's not an excuse, but the floor is the only place you get to see your colleagues. It was a matter of convenience. You make a mistake, admit it and go on. I just feel bad about it." (Associated Press, 5/10/96)

idiot should have known you need to do that in the broom closet on the fourth floor like Nancy does......

What, no words of condemnation? Hmmm, seems the Post Modern Fool is of the "well, everyone else is doing it too!" crowd.

Someone should remind PMP what his Mom told him when he wanted to follow the other school kids doing something wrong, "...If everyone else jumped off the bridge, would you jump too?"

Oh, and when the Post Modern Fool has video of Pelosi handing out bribes (or taking them) from lobbyist, let me know. :)

You should work on your schtick. You've violated the whole goose/gander thing by trying to call out a goose/gander thing. And your outrage isn't that buyable.

I don't buy it.

Re-write this in a semi-intelligent manner, then let me know. If its halfway decent, I'll respond with opinion. The above was pure fact.

What, no words of condemnation? Hmmm, seems the Post Modern Fool is of the "well, everyone else is doing it too!" crowd.

Someone should remind PMP what his Mom told him when he wanted to follow the other school kids doing something wrong, "...If everyone else jumped off the bridge, would you jump too?"

Oh, and when the Post Modern Fool has video of Pelosi handing out bribes (or taking them) from lobbyist, let me know. :)
Don't you wonder that YOU"RE the only asshole that sees a problem where there is none...??

Would you like to be "Bozo" or "Coco" rather than "Clarabell" ?
I aim to please....(maybe I shouldn't say "aim", huh)

You should work on your schtick. You've violated the whole goose/gander thing by trying to call out a goose/gander thing. And your outrage isn't that buyable.

I don't buy it.

Re-write this in a semi-intelligent manner, then let me know. If its halfway decent, I'll respond with opinion. The above was pure fact.

:confused: Folks, can someone tell me what this Beefy buffoon is babbling about?

Bottom line: Boehner is NAILED handing out checks from the tobacco lobby on the floor of Congress before a vote. Seems Beefy, like every other neocon parrots, is quite content with such blatant forms of influence peddaling so long as it's for his neocon gods......yet you'd hear Beefy and his compadres wail like banshees if say, Pelosi or Bernie Saunders were guilty of the same action.

Like I told the other neocon numbskull...when they have video of Pelosi doing the same, let me know.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

Oh, and when the Post Modern Fool has video of Pelosi handing out bribes (or taking them) from lobbyist, let me know.
Don't you wonder that YOU"RE the only asshole that sees a problem where there is none...??

Would you like to be "Bozo" or "Coco" rather than "Clarabell" ?
I aim to please....(maybe I shouldn't say "aim", huh)

And here we have another example of pure neocon idiocy, folks. Our intellectually impotent Bravo says there's NO problem in the Tobacco lobby having a member of Congress hand out bribes (err, checks) before votes on legislation regarding the tobacco industry.
That's right folks, corruption is no problem to right wingnut hypocrits like Bravo, so long as it's being done by the neocon GOP. But you'd hear them howl to the moon if Pelosi or Reed were caught doing the same thing.

Sometimes, Bravo is almost too fucking stupid for words. :palm:

And here we have another example of pure neocon idiocy, folks. Our intellectually impotent Bravo says there's NO problem in the Tobacco lobby having a member of Congress hand out bribes (err, checks) before votes on legislation regarding the tobacco industry.
That's right folks, corruption is no problem to right wingnut hypocrits like Bravo, so long as it's being done by the neocon GOP. But you'd hear them howl to the moon if Pelosi or Reed were caught doing the same thing.

Sometimes, Bravo is almost too fucking stupid for words.

Hey dude...they all want you to return to the AOL message boards...everyone...

Isn't that great.....

Everyone, being everyone on this board.

Isn't that great.....

Would it surprise you to know that Foggy, Shitsiefan915, and Tom Prendergasp all wanted TouchyLiberal to come here?

I rest my case...

Isn't that great.....

Ignore him and if everyone would do the same, he would eventually dry up and blow away.

Isn't that great.....

Sometimes, Bravo is almost too fucking stupid for words.

Ignore him and if everyone would do the same, he would eventually dry up and blow away.

Well, Bravo's temper tantrum isn't the subject of this thread. Here it is:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=753480&postcount=1

Any comment on this, or are you just here to support Bravo in his time of intellectual constipation?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkvlRPprpp0&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkvlRPprpp0&feature=related[/ame]

And as you can see folks, when faced with facts they can't deny, the neocon parrots just act like petulant children.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=753480&postcount=1

I took Freedumb out of the dumpster hoping he'd actually had something of worth to add to a discussion. As we see here, he doesn't. But hope springs eternal....maybe in a month or two Freedumb will be free and not dumb.

Back