You Know You're Liberal When...

Annie

Not So Junior Member
http://takeastandagainstliberals.blogspot.com/2006/07/you-know-youre-liberal-if.html

You know you're a liberal if.....

You think that consenting adults can engage freely in every activity except capitalism.

If you think Sean Hannnity and Ann Coulter are mean spirited racists and promote hate crimes, but Maxine Waters, John Conyers and Louis Farakahn aren't and don't.

If you think that the only acceptable hate crime is Christian bashing.

You think we never gave peace a chance.

Sean Penn makes sense to you. Awec Bawdwin makes even more sense.

You want to outlaw cigarettes and legalize marijuana.

If you use the words "xtians", neo-con's" or "wing-nuts" at least four times in any given day.

You say Have a Great Winter Solstice, Happy Kwankza, Merry Ramadan and think saying Merry Christmas is just wrong.

You think that the words “to promote the general welfare” in the Constitution mean to promote welfare generally.

You believe that even though the top 20 percent of taxpayers pay 80 percent of income taxes, that the rich are not paying their “fair share.”

You think that Rush Limbaugh’s listeners are mindless “dittoheads,” but you have never doubted anything that you heard from Michael Moore.

You believe that rich people should not be allowed to contribute so much money to candidates for office (except for George Soros).

You have no problem with Hollywood movie starts flying around in private jets to give speeches on the evils of SUVs.

You think that consenting adults can engage freely in every activity except capitalism.

Too vague. I don't think you should be able to engage in every activity (robbery, for one obvious this) and capitalism shouldn't be unfettered.
If you think Sean Hannnity and Ann Coulter are mean spirited racists and promote hate crimes,

They are.
but Maxine Waters, John Conyers and Louis Farakahn aren't and don't.

How are Maxine Waters and John Conyers racist?

If you think that the only acceptable hate crime is Christian bashing.

Christian bashing isn't a hate crime. Killing someone because they're a Christian would be. Me, I hate all religions equally.
You think we never gave peace a chance.

You didn't. You went to war because death brings joy to your evil hearts.
Sean Penn makes sense to you. Awec Bawdwin makes even more sense.

On what issue?

You want to outlaw cigarettes and legalize marijuana.

The liberals who want to outlaw cigarettes don't want to legalize marijuana.

If you use the words "xtians", neo-con's" or "wing-nuts" at least four times in any given day.

No. And why would using xtians make you a liberal? X is just an archaic notation for "Christ".

You say Have a Great Winter Solstice, Happy Kwankza, Merry Ramadan and think saying Merry Christmas is just wrong.

I say Merry Christmas to E and Happy Holidays to Christians. Ramadan also isn't (usually) part of the holiday seasons and I don't even think its a celebration.

You think that the words “to promote the general welfare” in the Constitution mean to promote welfare generally.

I think the words "to promote the general welfare" meant what Alexander Hamilton said they did back in the 1790's.

You believe that even though the top 20 percent of taxpayers pay 80 percent of income taxes, that the rich are not paying their “fair share.”
Breaking things up like that doesn't make sense. The highest bracket in the US isn't that an outrageously high rate. It's just that the rich in America make so much. If we had a completely flat tax (with reasonable exemptions) the top 20 percent would probably still pay 60% or 70%. Are you advocating for a capital tax, in which the top 20 percent pay 20 percent? Does that sound fair to you? Prepare the mortgage forms right now, then, annie.

You think that Rush Limbaugh’s listeners are mindless “dittoheads,” but you have never doubted anything that you heard from Michael Moore.

I doubt everything I hear from Michael Moore, but I still enjoy it immensely.

You believe that rich people should not be allowed to contribute so much money to candidates for office (except for George Soros).

George Soros currently balances out the evil from the other side. All candidates, however, should be publicly funded. We pay them, they work fo rus, or rich people pay them and they work for the rich people.

Back