Young Hillary Clinton

It's mildly funny. It wasn't really a gut buster for me.

I was talking to some women about this video. Some of them felt that there were two things sorta wrong with it. One, is the imagery of the competitive school girl. Competitive girls are often stereotyped as bratty and b*tchy. It's not considered "feminine" or demure, for a girl to fiercely compete. I doubt the video makers were consciously or intentionally exploiting that gender stereotype. I don't think they meant it that way. I'm not having a heart attack about it; no biggie. But, I could understand how the perception of that imagery could rub some people the wrong way.

Second, Hillary has lost. Mocking her at this point, could be perceived as piling on. Dog piling. It's not helpful to democratic unity. Yes, I understand that Clinton and her supporters have done more than their fair share to sow dissension and disunity. There's been a lot of uncool things done. I was the first one at bat, defending Obama against the rightwing onslaught with the edited, exaggerated, and racially-tinged Wright videos. So, my credentials at being objective with respect to both Obama and Clinton are virtually impeccable. I just want to get this thing over, and start kicking McFossil in the balls.

I was talking to some women about this video. Some of them felt that there were two things sorta wrong with it. One, is the imagery of the competitive school girl. Competitive girls are often stereotyped as bratty and b*tchy. It's not considered "feminine" or demure, for a girl to fiercely compete. I doubt the video makers were consciously or intentionally exploiting that gender stereotype. I don't think they meant it that way. I'm not having a heart attack about it; no biggie. But, I could understand how the perception of that imagery could rub some people the wrong way.

Second, Hillary has lost. Mocking her at this point, could be perceived as piling on. Dog piling. It's not helpful to democratic unity. Yes, I understand that Clinton and her supporters have done more than their fair share to sow dissension and disunity. There's been a lot of uncool things done. I was the first one at bat, defending Obama against the rightwing onslaught with the edited, exaggerated, and racially-tinged Wright videos. So, my credentials at being objective with respect to both Obama and Clinton are virtually impeccable. I just want to get this thing over, and start kicking McFossil in the balls.

It isn't just democrats or Obama supporters that have this impression of Hillary, and it isn't just them who are going to lambast her for what her public image has become.

I agree that party unity is paramount at this stage, but no one can do anything about those who see Hillary as all things women. They are going to be pissed regardless because their candidate lost. If Obama opened the door if Hillary was approaching, they'd see that as an affront to women. If he doesn't offer her the VP spot, it's an affront to women. If he announces victory after getting the magic number of delegates, it's an affront to women.

The Clintons knowingly incites this .. which is why many within the party who know them best no longer support them or want them in control of the party.

This isn't just between Obama and Hillary, it's between different factions of the party with very different agandas.

It isn't just democrats or Obama supporters that have this impression of Hillary, and it isn't just them who are going to lambast her for what her public image has become.

I agree that party unity is paramount at this stage, but no one can do anything about those who see Hillary as all things women. They are going to be pissed regardless because their candidate lost. If Obama opened the door if Hillary was approaching, they'd see that as an affront to women. If he doesn't offer her the VP spot, it's an affront to women. If he announces victory after getting the magic number of delegates, it's an affront to women.

The Clintons knowingly incites this .. which is why many within the party who know them best no longer support them or want them in control of the party.

This isn't just between Obama and Hillary, it's between different factions of the party with very different agandas.

Yeah, I know a lot of people are acting like assholes. Including in the clinton campaign.

I just wish and hope this thing ends next week. And Clinton gracefully accepts defeat. And I hope the Obama camp doesn't dogpile clinton and her supporters. I just want to see unity, and I want to kick McCain in the nuts.

Yeah, I know a lot of people are acting like assholes. Including in the clinton campaign.

I just wish and hope this thing ends next week. And Clinton gracefully accepts defeat. And I hope the Obama camp doesn't dogpile clinton and her supporters. I just want to see unity, and I want to kick McCain in the nuts.

I think Obama is walking around his campaign with a big ass stick daring anyone to pile on Clinton. He knows it would be detrimental to him and up to this point, I believe he's run a gracious campaign. Many who support him, including me sometimes, thought he should have been tougher with Clinton .. but he played it cool.

Like you, I hope this ends soon.

I'm looking forward to Obama's big show in St. Paul on tuesday, site of the republican convention.

THANK YOU PUERTO RICO.

Puerto Rico moves Obama closer to nomination
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER – 40 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton won most of the delegates in Puerto Rico's primary Sunday, but Barack Obama crept closer to clinching the Democratic nomination for president.

Clinton won 38 delegates and Obama won 17, according to an Associated Press analysis of election results. All of the Puerto Rico delegates have been allocated.

Obama has a total of 2,071 delegates, leaving him 47 shy of the number needed to clinch the nomination, with two primaries remaining. Clinton has 1915.5, according to the latest tally by the AP.

Obama also picked up two superdelegates Sunday, which means he has made up most of the ground he lost Saturday when the national party's rules committee voted to reinstate delegates from Michigan and Florida. The delegates had been stripped because the two states violated party rules by holding primaries before Feb. 5.

Before Saturday's decision, Obama was 42 delegates shy of the nomination. Seating delegates from Florida and Michigan increased the number of delegates needed to secure the nomination to 2,118.

There are a total of 31 delegates at stake in Tuesday's contests in Montana and South Dakota. If Clinton and Obama split them, Obama would need to pick up about 30 superdelegates to secure the nomination.

-- more at link

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hUPSXLSf9BMjfyPSCc2sdK8RtV8QD911K1V00

Well, if she'd start acting like she had a shred of dignity and acknowledging tha she lost fair and square, I'd agree with you. If she's going to continue to be Queen Evil Bitch (Darla's words, not mine), she's fair game.

Well, if she'd start acting like she had a shred of dignity and acknowledging tha she lost fair and square, I'd agree with you. If she's going to continue to be Queen Evil Bitch (Darla's words, not mine), she's fair game.

I can understand that. I'm trying to see all perspectives here. I'm just relating what some other people have told me.

If by next week, Obama is over the top with the delegates and has clearly won, and she continues to fight it to the convention, I'll be really pissed. But, I suspect (and I could be wrong) that she will bow out when Obama passes the magic number. I hope.

ZOMG TEH SEXISM?!

i CYPRESS I SEE SEXIM AT EVERY TURN?!

not very funny

also, it ain't over till its over

as for the publicity, hollywood's take is that there is no such thing as bad publicity

ob would not want to associate with hc or have her as his vp while hc would,
hc would do better to ob

while i could live with either of them as p/vp i think that the dems better get off their hard feelings and close ranks afterward

Back