Your opinion on Glen Beck?

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Beck[/ame]

The guy is the new O'Riely.

He is just another guy to whom facts dont matter.

In January 2006 the media watchdog group Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting criticized CNN president Ken Jautz's description of the newly-hired Beck as "cordial" by pointing out statements he made against figures like Michael Berg, Michael Moore, Hurricane Katrina rioters, and certain 9/11 victims. FAIR brought up a 2005 comment Beck made on his radio program where he noted he was "thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could."[15] Beck responded to FAIR by saying that these comments were taken out of context.[16]

Another watchdog group, Media Matters for America, highlighted comments Beck made in an interview with Keith Ellison, the first practicing Muslim elected to the United States Congress. In the November 14, 2006 interview on CNN Headline News, Beck said to Ellison, "...I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.'"[17] Beck later said that his remarks were "poorly worded" and he "wish[ed]" he "could take back and rephrase."[18]

He described activist Cindy Sheehan as a "pretty big prostitute" and a "tragedy pimp". This was in reference to a question that he posed earlier, "Who'll do anything for power or money?".[19]

He compared Vice President Al Gore to Joseph Goebbels "for Gore's statement, during his testimony before the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, that he would initiate a "mass persuasion campaign" to urge Congress to act on climate change."[20]

Beck said about Hillary Clinton: "There's something about her voice that just drives me – it's not what she says, it's how she says it. She is like the stereotypical bitch – excuse the expression".[21] On his October 18, 2007 broadcast on CNN, Beck referred to Clinton as "Stalin in a pantsuit."[22][23]

On June 28, 2007, Beck read on his radio program a fake ad created by the "Insiders" - a group of subscribers to his web site - that recommended turning the bodies of Mexican illegal immigrants into fuel. Beck noted at the outset that "sometimes the Insiders go too far," and remarked "I don't think we need to make the illegal aliens into fuel....That would be evil conservative, yeah. I don't even know if that's conservative. That would be...psychotic, perhaps? Sociopathic, perhaps?" Despite Beck's comments distancing himself from the fake advertisement, Media Matters pointed out that "the ad was posted on the front page of Beck's website under the title 'Picture of the Day,' with a caption that described the 'ad' as a 'brilliant creation.'"[24]

On his radio show on October 22, 2007, referring to wildfires raging in Southern California, Beck said "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today."[25] A Los Angeles Times opinion blog asked: "Who knew those poor homeowners in San Diego, Orange County and the Inland Empire were pinko-commie America haters? Or did Beck forget that Southern California includes more than left-wing movie types who populate fire-ravaged Malibu?"[26] In response, the show's producer, Chris Balfe, told USA Today through a spokesman, "To most rational people, unfortunately still means unfortunately."[27]

Beck called "a small percentage" of people "who decided to stay in New Orleans" "scumbags."[28] Beck has said that these statements were taken out of context, arguing in An Inconvenient Book that he was referring specifically to the "looters and murderers," not to just any victim.[citation needed]

On his radio program, Beck referred to John McCain as "Juan" McCain and called him "Mr. 'Mexico first'" in a daily e-mail to his radio listeners.[29

Last edited:
I'm SHOCKED by the views of the liberals on Glen Beck..

SHOCKED i tell ya...

Muttley.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Beck

The guy is the new O'Riely.

He is just another guy to whom facts dont matter.

In January 2006 the media watchdog group Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting criticized CNN president Ken Jautz's description of the newly-hired Beck as "cordial" by pointing out statements he made against figures like Michael Berg, Michael Moore, Hurricane Katrina rioters, and certain 9/11 victims. FAIR brought up a 2005 comment Beck made on his radio program where he noted he was "thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could."[15] Beck responded to FAIR by saying that these comments were taken out of context.[16]

Another watchdog group, Media Matters for America, highlighted comments Beck made in an interview with Keith Ellison, the first practicing Muslim elected to the United States Congress. In the November 14, 2006 interview on CNN Headline News, Beck said to Ellison, "...I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.'"[17] Beck later said that his remarks were "poorly worded" and he "wish[ed]" he "could take back and rephrase."[18]

He described activist Cindy Sheehan as a "pretty big prostitute" and a "tragedy pimp". This was in reference to a question that he posed earlier, "Who'll do anything for power or money?".[19]

He compared Vice President Al Gore to Joseph Goebbels "for Gore's statement, during his testimony before the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, that he would initiate a "mass persuasion campaign" to urge Congress to act on climate change."[20]

Beck said about Hillary Clinton: "There's something about her voice that just drives me – it's not what she says, it's how she says it. She is like the stereotypical bitch – excuse the expression".[21] On his October 18, 2007 broadcast on CNN, Beck referred to Clinton as "Stalin in a pantsuit."[22][23]

On June 28, 2007, Beck read on his radio program a fake ad created by the "Insiders" - a group of subscribers to his web site - that recommended turning the bodies of Mexican illegal immigrants into fuel. Beck noted at the outset that "sometimes the Insiders go too far," and remarked "I don't think we need to make the illegal aliens into fuel....That would be evil conservative, yeah. I don't even know if that's conservative. That would be...psychotic, perhaps? Sociopathic, perhaps?" Despite Beck's comments distancing himself from the fake advertisement, Media Matters pointed out that "the ad was posted on the front page of Beck's website under the title 'Picture of the Day,' with a caption that described the 'ad' as a 'brilliant creation.'"[24]

On his radio show on October 22, 2007, referring to wildfires raging in Southern California, Beck said "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today."[25] A Los Angeles Times opinion blog asked: "Who knew those poor homeowners in San Diego, Orange County and the Inland Empire were pinko-commie America haters? Or did Beck forget that Southern California includes more than left-wing movie types who populate fire-ravaged Malibu?"[26] In response, the show's producer, Chris Balfe, told USA Today through a spokesman, "To most rational people, unfortunately still means unfortunately."[27]

Beck called "a small percentage" of people "who decided to stay in New Orleans" "scumbags."[28] Beck has said that these statements were taken out of context, arguing in An Inconvenient Book that he was referring specifically to the "looters and murderers," not to just any victim.[citation needed]

On his radio program, Beck referred to John McCain as "Juan" McCain and called him "Mr. 'Mexico first'" in a daily e-mail to his radio listeners.[29

FAIR and Media Matters?

Back