114: Interesting life story

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110415/ap_on_re_us/us_obit_world_s_oldest_man

i wanted to post the whole article, but....there isn't one part i could leave out ....

good story and very interesting. would have liked more details from the guy....but, have a feeling that is who he is and the era he came from. check out the time when his wife (of 35 years died).....not many are married 20 years now....him....35 years...the date was a bit shocking to me.

20 years isn't that long for a marriage. My parents were married 23 years before my ma died. Would have made it a lot longer had it not been for that.

I just don't see it. Outside the military I mean. I'm one of only two people I know who is still married from my unit. But I know all sorts of couples who have gone long past 20.

20 years is commendable but not really very long. Many people are married much longer than that. My own mum and dad were married 42 years and that ended with the death of my dad. I congratulate the 20 but they have a long way to go.

My parents have been "married" for about 30 years, but haven't really been together for the past 5.

My grandparents were together from the time they were 20 until they died, which is like 40 something years.

It isn't that unusual.....I've been married 35 years.....my parents were married 67 years when my father died....my wife's parents 57 years....of the next generation back only one set of grandparents of either of us did not reach their 50th, that would be my paternal grandparents (he died of a heart attack at age 60)....of the ten couples my wife and I know the best, we are the ones married the shortest time......I know far more people still married to their first spouse than I know people who have divorced...

if you want to make it to your 50th anniversary, surround yourself with people intent on making it to their 50th anniversary.......

a guy I know lost his wife to cancer.....a year later he was dating and within months remarried.....my wife asked if I would get remarried that fast.....I said no, I would want to enjoy the peace and quiet for a while......it's thoughtfulness like that which makes a marriage last......

Last edited:
That's a pretty good joke. I was going to make fun of you for something, but have forgotten what it was.

my parents divorced when i was young, so did my wifes....i have a few friends whose parents are still together, most though have been remarried.

its good to know that there are more people, than i thought, who stay married for a long time. thanks.

Back