Jarod

Contributor
Ive been busy lately, but I can now tell you... The jury came back with a verdict for my client today of $13,156,200. I am celebrating once I get a good night sleep.

My new firm gets 40%, Ill personally get about 20% of that. There will be an appeal and such so It may take years to see a dime... It also might settle for an amount less than the verdict to avoid an appeal, thats up to my client and the defendant.

My new firm gets 40%, Ill personally get about 20% of that. There will be an appeal and such so It may take years to see a dime... It also might settle for an amount less than the verdict to avoid an appeal, thats up to my client and the defendant.

-Ill personally get about 20% of that.

-There will be an appeal and such

-It may take years to see a dime...

-It also might settle for an amount less than the verdict

Gee, and wingnutters had me convinced that trial lawyers were sharks, who just sat around waiting for huge amounts of money to fall in their lap.

This is a tremendous amount of risk you guys take. You work your asses off, and you might not ever see a dime for a case you work on.

-Ill personally get about 20% of that.

-There will be an appeal and such

-It may take years to see a dime...

-It also might settle for an amount less than the verdict

Gee, and wingnutters had me convinced that trial lawyers were sharks, who just sat around waiting for huge amounts of money to fall in their lap.

This is a tremendous amount of risk you guys take. You work your asses off, and you might not ever see a dime for a case you work on.

I worked hard on that case for 3 months. I have lots of time in, the past week I have been in court. Ive exposed myself to tremendous liability if I were to make a mistake, I used my eduction that I spent three years after college getting and went over $100,000 in debt getting, and I used my skill that I spent 7 years obtaining. My firm invested over $50,000 into the case, we could have gotten a verdict of 0, there will be an appeal, the verdict could get knocked down by the judge, and the client may want to settle for less. So, yes Id say I deserve 20% of 40% of the verdect.

wow....13 mil for 3 months of paper work....

and this is from the wingnuts that have the balls to complain about company CEO's pay or Doctors making 200 to 500K for a years work that save people's lives.....

Who were you suing? Tell me about them whenever I get my law degree, K? Did they ACTUALLY eat babies?

wow....13 mil for 3 months of paper work....

and this is from the wingnuts that have the balls to complain about company CEO's pay or Doctors making 200 to 500K for a years work that save people's lives.....

Can you not read.

Good Job dude!

The judicial system does not work unless lawyers exsist.

Its funny how the market is fine in determining the cost of things EXCEPT when it comes to lawyers for some.

They are responsable for a 38 year having to use diapers the rest of her life.

That's awful for your client. Personally I think she deserves more than the $8M she'll gross.

But that's just me.

That's awful for your client. Personally I think she deserves more than the $8M she'll gross.

But that's just me.

She deserves to have her insides put back together, but thats not going to happen.

Back