19 Odd Things About America That Americans Haven't Realised

Appears to me you're one of those that thinks someone doing it differently than you makes it wrong.
Certainly the tipping culture, if the restaurant paid their staff a decent wage that wouldn't happen. We tip over here but only if the service I'd decent and 10% is considered normal.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

Certainly the tipping culture, if the restaurant paid their staff a decent wage that wouldn't happen. We tip over here but only if the service I'd decent and 10% is considered normal.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

It's not wrong to refuse to tip poor service. Are you telling me I should tip when the service is so bad I have to get up and get my own refills on drinks more than once?

The whiners here want 18% as a tip as the norm. It's steadily gone up while, in many places, the quality of service has gone down.

I was in a local restaurant recently where, at the checkout, there was a sign that recommended the tip percentage based on the service. It said 10% for "OK", 15% for "Above Average", 18% for "Excellent" and 20%/more for "Best service you've ever had". I asked the cashier what the percentage was for "It sucked".

Not the decent wage bullshit again. If those working in that field don't like the wage, do something else that makes more. It's a bullshit argument because they knew the wage when they took the job. The bullshit part about it is whining after the fact about something you knew before you agreed to start. It's not like the boss said start then we'll tell you what you'll make.

For other national cultures, the flag belongs on a flagpole, and that's pretty much it.
girl-with-union-jack-flag-face-painting-picture-id182060342

If you've lived in the U.S. all your life, this one will blow your mind. In many other countries, retailers figure out the sales tax and add it onto the price tag.

maybe that explains why we hate taxes more than you do........you don't pay attention to them......

maybe that explains why we hate taxes more than you do........you don't pay attention to them......

Apparently Havana Moon doesn't realize that whether the price tag includes the tax or it's added at the point of sale, the amount is still the same. Perhaps they have to add it in for them because they're too stupid to figure out what it will be.

he holds the same idiot ideas you right wing fools do

yet you swing away at each other

fight fight fight fight fight

the right hates everyone

-Canada is just as bad about maple leaves.
-Many restaurants (including pizza delivery) include the tip in the bill. We do like to tip, though.
-Early dining is strange to me.
-The author seems to be implying state control over soft drinks.

Back