2013 Fantasy Football

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
Here's an opportunity for all players to unveil their teams and boast about their weekly scores. I play on Yahoo in a PPR Keeper league. The report gave my draft a B.

Introducing your 2013 Federal Way Teal!

QB Andrew Luck
RB Alfred Morris
RB Reggie Bush
RB Montee Ball
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Tavon Austin
TE Vernon Davis
Cincinnati Bengals
K Greg Zuerlein

Bench:
WR Michael Floyd
RB Christine Michael
QB Alex Smith
RB Isaac Redman
WR Cordarelle Patterson
RB Jonathan Franklin
TE Zach Sudfeld

Just traded away Reggie Bush and Christine Michael for Dwayne Bowe and Rashard Mendenhall.

My plan is to start Isaac Redman in the flex position for the first few weeks, and then swap in the most productive between Mendenhall, Austin, Patterson and even Floyd or Franklin. With Le'Veon Bell injured, Redman will be a starter, and PIT W1 opponent is TEN while ARI plays STL (my reasoning for Redman over Mendenhall).

I am in three leagues, all on Yahoo. I will post my big money league. Eight team, non PPR. BTW, that doesn't look anything like what you posted you were shooting for ;)

QB Tom Brady
RB Alfred Morris
RB Adrian Peterson
WR Desean Jackson
WR Cecil Shorts
TE Jermichael Finley
Flex Stevan Ridley
New England Patriots
K Justin Tucker

Bench:
WR Vincent Brown
WR Vincent Jackson
QB Tony Romo
RB Chris Johnson
RB Chris Ivory
TE Antonio Gates
Pittsburgh

I made a conscious decision to be a little weaker at WR hoping I could fill in during the season through the waiver wire if someone broke out. I wanted to stock up on starting RBs and I think I did that. Kind of hard to go wrong with AP, Alfred Morris, Stevan Ridley and Chris Johnson. I think Desean Jackson is going to explode in Chip Kelly's offense.

As a final note, in one of my "for fun" leagues, I have Peyton Manning. Based on our scoring, he got me 72 points last night all by his lonesome. BAZINGA!!!

I'm mad at myself for my lack of discipline. I had planned to grab Bowe, and when someone drafted him ahead of me, I grabbed Ball. This is fine, because it's a keeper league, and I plan to be in it for years to come. As such, I drafted the youngest squad (last year, when age didn't matter, I drafted Brady, Fred Jackson, Frank Gore the Ravens D, Nate Burleson, etc.), and got burned when Jackson (along with back-up Benson), Antonio Gates, and Burleson all went down with injuries in a hurry.

Anyway, I coached myself not to fight for an elite TE, but to just take a sleeper (Rob Hausler was the plan) and draft the best available WR. But, I panicked and grabbed Vernon Davis. Then I grabbed Sudfeld, who is sure to be awesome this year, and am overloaded on TE, but now struggling with RB.

I'm mad at myself for my lack of discipline. I had planned to grab Bowe, and when someone drafted him ahead of me, I grabbed Ball. This is fine, because it's a keeper league, and I plan to be in it for years to come. As such, I drafted the youngest squad (last year, when age didn't matter, I drafted Brady, Fred Jackson, Frank Gore the Ravens D, Nate Burleson, etc.), and got burned when Jackson (along with back-up Benson), Antonio Gates, and Burleson all went down with injuries in a hurry.

Anyway, I coached myself not to fight for an elite TE, but to just take a sleeper (Rob Hausler was the plan) and draft the best available WR. But, I panicked and grabbed Vernon Davis. Then I grabbed Sudfeld, who is sure to be awesome this year, and am overloaded on TE, but now struggling with RB.

I had first pick. AP was a no brainier. Then I went RB RB. My plan was to get AP, Forte and C2K, but someone drafted Forte before me. Then it was going to be WR WR but when it came back, Stevan Ridley was sitting there and I couldn't pass it up.

I waited on TE and decided that Pittsburgh and New England have good schedules and wil play matchups.

This is probably the most disciplined I have ever been during a draft. I didn't let anyone's moves phase me.

Yahoo didnt like my draft. Gave me a C-

We will see

That's a solid money team, ILA.

One guy in my league has Peyton, Ray Rice, and Wes Welker. He's up to 117 points already.

I have Welker and Rice, but I too ran out of options and wound up with RGIII for QB and my other RB is Ball or Daryl Richardson...

My backup QB, because they don't show the frickin' bye weeks on the list, is the rapist from Pittsburgh, but they have the same bye, I'll likely be trading his criminal behind...

Yahoo's draft rater is silly. It loved my WR picks because of Brandon Marshall, but hated my RB picks because everyone is currently down on Alfred Morris, and Reggie Bush was not ranked in the Top 15. It gave most of us a B rating. One guy received an A. I saw one guy got a C+ rating, and looked over his picks - they looked no worse than the blanket B ratings it dropped on half of us.

I have Welker and Rice, but I too ran out of options and wound up with RGIII for QB and my other RB is Ball or Daryl Richardson...

My backup QB, because they don't show the frickin' bye weeks on the list, is the rapist from Pittsburgh, but they have the same bye, I'll likely be trading his criminal behind...

St Louis has a real good offensive line and Richardson can be a home run hitter. I really like him as a sleeper. Plus his backups suck so I don't think you will RBBC crap like John Fox pulls

Yahoo's draft rater is silly. It loved my WR picks because of Brandon Marshall, but hated my RB picks because everyone is currently down on Alfred Morris, and Reggie Bush was not ranked in the Top 15. It gave most of us a B rating. One guy received an A. I saw one guy got a C+ rating, and looked over his picks - they looked no worse than the blanket B ratings it dropped on half of us.

I think what is hurting Alfred Morris is that Helu is healthy and we could see Shanahanigans. It hasn't been fun owning Shanahan running backs in the past.

I think Brandon Marshall is a solid WR1. Tavon Austin may be a reach depending on where you picked him, but who knows. I like Michael Floyd and will a short trigger finger on the waiver wire. Arians loves to air it out and Mendenhall is a wuss. So the Cardinals will be throwing alot and if Fitzgerald gets the double coverage, Floyd could see some significant action.

FWIW your team looks solid. I think Bush can do well, but I have one concern and that is when he played on turf on New Orleans, he got hurt a lot. If he is available on the waiver wire, I would pick up Joquie Bell. He is a stud and will get the bulk of the work if Bush misses time.

If you can tell, I freaking love fantasy football. I hate Roger Goodell and think he is destroying the game, but I love fantasy football

Yeah, I traded Bush and Michael for Bowe and Mendenhall. I wanted to beef up my WR corps.

I am stuck with Ball from Thursday night.

The rest of my roster will be:

Luck
Morris
Redman
Marshall
Bowe
Davis
Cincinnati
Zurlein

My plan is to swap Ball out for Mendenhall until Ball becomes more productive. Redman will be valuable for four weeks while Le'Veon Bell is injured. I will then assess from amongst Floyd, Austin, and Patterson who is most productive to be the flex player. Also, if Eddie Lacy ever gets injured, I have Johnathan Franklin on the bench.

I also want to see how well Zach Sudfeld does. Perhaps I can get something good by trading away Vernon Davis later on in the season.

Yeah, I traded Bush and Michael for Bowe and Mendenhall. I wanted to beef up my WR corps.

I am stuck with Ball from Thursday night.

The rest of my roster will be:

Luck
Morris
Redman
Marshall
Bowe
Davis
Cincinnati
Zurlein

My plan is to swap Ball out for Mendenhall until Ball becomes more productive. Redman will be valuable for four weeks while Le'Veon Bell is injured. I will then assess from amongst Floyd, Austin, and Patterson who is most productive to be the flex player. Also, if Eddie Lacy ever gets injured, I have Johnathan Franklin on the bench.

I also want to see how well Zach Sudfeld does. Perhaps I can get something good by trading away Vernon Davis later on in the season.

It makes sense. I think it is risky with Ball not because of talent, but because Peyton loves to throw and John Fox has a history of RBCC. He had two studs in Carolina and they were a fantasy nightmare unless you had both of them. I don't think anyone saw Moreno starting the game. I think you may go nuts having Ball.

Sudfeld looked like a good pick early on, but now people think Gronkowski could be back. Is Sudfeld as good as Hernandez thus allowing the Patriots to go back to the dual TE threat? We will see. I am banking on Stevan Ridley having a monster year. I loved him at LSU and he bulked up over the offseason. I don't think it is improbable that he gets over 300 carries this year.

I like Christine Michael too. If Lynch goes down, you got a solid starter. Also people forget, Lynch had some suck years in Buffalo. That is why he ended up in Seattle.

Again, I no longer have Michael. That is why I drafted him, though, in case Lynch goes down.

I missed that post. Interesting trade. I wouldn't have made it. Bowe is OK, but Mendenhall sucks (although as a Steelers fan I am highly biased).

I think he is soft and Arians throws ALOT

I tried, but didn't come up with him. If I win by 1 point, I will have to thank Ben Roethelissberger for forcing Redman into positive pointage by PPRing him a pass.

Back