2024 Election Follies: dollars and sense

Taichiliberal

Shaken, not stirred!
I recently caught on some posts on another site which harp on the fact that Harris and her husband are millionaires via trust funds, investments, etc. The point was that she is a phony who claims to be for the people but is part of the very economic class that is a common target for people like Bernie Sanders.

Now let's not forget, Trump is of the very same class that these posts dump on Harris about. I seriously doubt that Harris was given $1 million when she grew up and left college, much less came into $400 million within less then 10 years hence. But be that as it may, the one thing in Harris favor is that she does NOT have a business history of hiring people to do construction work, then stiffing them on the paycheck. When sued for compensation, Trump would use his inherited wealth to stall in court until the suing party settled for LESS payment than initially agreed upon. Also, the most damning evidence against Trump's faux populism was during his debate with Hillary in the 2016 race (to which she cheated with leaked crib notes). She pointed out that for years Trump bitched in public that "Chy-Nuh" was "eating our lunch" ... yet he had no problem in using imported Chinese steel in many of his construction endeavors. Trump sneered "so pass a law so I can't do that!"

:whoa:

To me, that should tell even the most devoted Cheeto Jeezus fanatic that THIS MAN DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU WITH PREJUDICE! Mind you, the vast majority of politicians in general just give a damn about the donor class, but Trump as a private citizen was of that mindset before entering politics.

Harris is no saint (i.e., some of her actions as AG), but I don't see out & out disregard and contempt for people.

And people wonder why I do write in votes for the POTUS election a lot. :|

Harris is notable in that she has not gone after the money, which is just the beginning of the problems for the claims made here.

All BS all the time is how they roll now....sometimes called gaslighting.

Back