33 Things you need to know about.......

Everything here is actually awesome. Check out the list Mott posted....I have eaten at the Surly Girl, great food. The goody boy is very close by…..

My first house was by the glen echo ravine.

This is indeed a fantastic city. East of the Mississippi, Columbus, Pittsburgh, and Birmingham Alabama strike me as the three best cities to live in. Trust me, nothing in shithole Michigan even comes remotely close.

Everything here is actually awesome. Check out the list Mott posted....I have eaten at the Surly Girl, great food. The goody boy is very close by…..

My first house was by the glen echo ravine.

This is indeed a fantastic city. East of the Mississippi, Columbus, Pittsburgh, and Birmingham Alabama strike me as the three best cities to live in. Trust me, nothing in shithole Michigan even comes remotely close.
I'd put my 3 best cities east of the Mississippi (and I'm defining that as a metro area with greater than a million in population) as Columbus, OH. Charlotte, NC and Memphis, TN.

Charlotte is not quite as diverse as Columbus but it's growth has been relatively recent and thus most of its infrastructure is newer. The climate is a bit better too. You don't get bone chilling winters with lots of snow and it's only brown 3 months out of the year.

If you're into food, parties, good times, great music and being at one of the major cultural crossroads of the world it's hard to beat Memphis, TN. Unquestionably my favorite party destination.

I think Birmingham and Pittsburgh are to two closest sister cities in the country. Both are centered on the steel industry and both are located in the hills of Appalachia. Prior to the Clean Air act they were also two of the biggest shitholes in the country to have to live in. Not to mention making a living in the steel industry isn't exactly for the faint of heart. Both are tough blue collar cities. If you think you're a bad ass....stay out of Pittsburgh and Birmingham....they have too many of the real thing. Both are beautiful cities in the spring too. Pittsburgh with it's cherry trees and Birmingham its magnolias. To be honest...neither one are one of my favorite places. Birmingham has Pittsburgh beat hands down too when it comes to hot babes. They most really like long legged blonds and cute bubble butts in Birmingham cause there seemed to be a lot of those down there. Pittsburgh, on the other had, has some of the best pub and food scene in the country.

I have family in Charlotte, NC. A little to modern, suburban, and bland for me. I would rather live somewhere with more racial and ethnic diversity.

Back