5 Lies About the Vietnam War You Probably Believe

What's the fifth lie?

BTW, I've known that all four of these were wrong and was never taught any of these.

I knew that both the VC and NVA were well supplied by both China and the Soviets. Ever hear operation arch light?

I knew that during the entire time we were there that the South Vietnamese not only supplied the most troops but also carried the burden of combat operations and that there were other UN troops involved.

I've always known that the monk torched himself in protest to Diems persecution of Buddhist. Not because of the US presence.

I've also known that the spitting and calling Vitetnam vets baby killers did happen and was reported. It just didn't happen at airports. It happened at anti war rallies where feeling on both sides were running high. My Uncle returned to California from Vietnam where he served his last year of service in the Marine Corp than went to college. He stopped wearing his uniform when off duty cause he got tired of being hassled by those who opposed the war.

My question for you is why would you have believed any of these urban legends? The truth about them was widely known when the occurred.

What's the fifth lie?

BTW, I've known that all four of these were wrong and was never taught any of these.

I knew that both the VC and NVA were well supplied by both China and the Soviets. Ever hear operation arch light?

I knew that during the entire time we were there that the South Vietnamese not only supplied the most troops but also carried the burden of combat operations and that there were other UN troops involved.

I've always known that the monk torched himself in protest to Diems persecution of Buddhist. Not because of the US presence.

I've also known that the spitting and calling Vitetnam vets baby killers did happen and was reported. It just didn't happen at airports. It happened at anti war rallies where feeling on both sides were running high. My Uncle returned to California from Vietnam where he served his last year of service in the Marine Corp than went to college. He stopped wearing his uniform when off duty cause he got tired of being hassled by those who opposed the war.

My question for you is why would you have believed any of these urban legends? The truth about them was widely known when the occurred.

Except the left used much of this to turn America against it so.......

Except the left used much of this to turn America against it so.......
Good...it was an immoral war just like Iraq was. The left did America a favor. That's why I don't trust Texans in politics. Every Texan who has been in the White House has gotten this nation involved into a very questionable war.

But hey I understand that fits into your "Kill Brown People" foreign policy paradigm and that you're cool with that.

What's the fifth lie?

There are two pages not just one!!

Good...it was an immoral war just like Iraq was. The left did America a favor. That's why I don't trust Texans in politics. Every Texan who has been in the White House has gotten this nation involved into a very questionable war.

But hey I understand that fits into your "Kill Brown People" foreign policy paradigm and that you're cool with that.

If you had read the whole article you would know that it was just Americans in that war. There were over 300,000 South Koreans and 60,000 Australians as well. It goes on to point out that the South Vietnamese were easily able to hold back the Vietcong, even after the Americans left, until the US withdrew financial backing that they crumbled entirely.

If you had read the whole article you would know that it was just Americans in that war. There were over 300,000 South Koreans and 60,000 Australians as well. It goes on to point out that the South Vietnamese were easily able to hold back the Vietcong, even after the Americans left, until the US withdrew financial backing that they crumbled entirely.
I did read the whole article and you should retread my post. I said that was common knowledge at the time that the South Vietnamese did the majority of the heavy lifting in combat operations and other UN troops were involved.

Ahhhhhh so you are an ends justifies the means kind left winger?

My foreign policy is very simple. I am a believer in the foreign policy of George Washington. Look it up if you aren't acquainted. I will give you a hint. People like you would call it "isolationist"

You are the worst kind of war monger. You want to meddle but you don't want to take risks.

Hey but maybe you can skeet ISIS with your biology degree.

ROFLMAO

What about the Korean War? Is that war an immoral war?

Never was their a war in history lost by a democracy that right wing fanatics will not claim was not entirely due to betrayal by the civilian leadership. If only the noble military leadership would just stand in and seize power, everything would be great.

Never was their a war in history lost by a democracy that right wing fanatics will not claim was not entirely due to betrayal by the civilian leadership. If only the noble military leadership would just stand in and seize power, everything would be great.

You do like to pontificate don't you, you've never been outside of the USA but you know everything!!

What about the Korean War? Is that war an immoral war?

At the time of the Vietnam War it was very much on the minds of South Vietnamese that they could end up the same way as North Korea. They were shit scared and who could blame them, it is easy to pontificate when you sit in safety many thousands of miles away from danger. My daughter in law's family suffered very badly under the Communists.

If America had lost the Civil War, it would have been entirely the fault of incompetent military leaders, such as McClellan (possibly a traitor).

all I can say is I was only in my teens, but the few organizers of the anti-war demonstrations I knew were much more interested
in getting the vets to become part of the anti-war movement then spitting on anyone.

I never saw it happen,and I was at a few demonstrations. I did see some warfare with the cops.

If America had lost the Civil War, it would have been entirely the fault of incompetent military leaders, such as McClellan (possibly a traitor).

Slavery would have ended on its own without bloodshed. That is why Lincoln is a horrible president. He should be reviled

Even if the South had won, slavery still would have ended. Economics, technology and social progress would have seen to it

Slavery would have ended on its own without bloodshed. That is why Lincoln is a horrible president. He should be reviled

Even if the South had won, slavery still would have ended. Economics, technology and social progress would have seen to it

I believe that is exactly what would have happened, Britain would have forced them to give up slavery.

Back