65 Years of Marriage

cawacko

I went to my granddaddy's funeral in Virginia yesterday on his 65th wedding anniversary. I write because does anyone else know a couple who has been married for 65 years? Obviously many couples have but wow that is a long time. I can barely get a girl to go out with me for 65 days.

Last edited:
My ex wife's grandparents have been married for 75 years. Usually you have to kill more than one person to get that kind of time.

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather, cawacko. Hope that most of his time was happy.

My great-grandparents were married for 75 years. He died in his sleep. The next morning the family, including my gt. grandma, made all the funeral arrangements. She went upstairs for a nap after lunch and didn't wake up. I think that that is the most romantic thing I've ever heard, because it was true. Nobody in the family has ever voiced a suspicion that perhaps she had helped herself along, but even if that were so, it still brings tears to my eyes. It may be that each had hung on for the other; they had an enviable relationship, I do remember that much.

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather, cawacko. Hope that most of his time was happy.

My great-grandparents were married for 75 years. He died in his sleep. The next morning the family, including my gt. grandma, made all the funeral arrangements. She went upstairs for a nap after lunch and didn't wake up. I think that that is the most romantic thing I've ever heard, because it was true. Nobody in the family has ever voiced a suspicion that perhaps she had helped herself along, but even if that were so, it still brings tears to my eyes. It may be that each had hung on for the other; they had an enviable relationship, I do remember that much.
I rather doubt that she "helped herself along". She died of a broken heart. Its actually quite common. God bless them both.

The men in my family have a strange way of dying from eating poison mushrooms.

My Great Grandfather died from eating poison mushrooms.
My Grandfather died from eating poison mushrooms.
My father was pole axed to death.

Mom said it was because he wouldn't eat the poison mushrooms.

The men in my family have a strange way of dying from eating poison mushrooms.

My Great Grandfather died from eating poison mushrooms.
My Grandfather died from eating poison mushrooms.
My father was pole axed to death.

Mom said it was because he wouldn't eat the poison mushrooms.

Old joke is old.

But LMAO at the bathing diss!!! :clink:

I went to my granddaddy's funeral in Virginia yesterday on his 65th wedding anniversary. I write because does anyone else know a couple who has been married for 65 years? Obviously many couples have but wow that is a long time. I can barely get a girl to go out with me for 65 days.

I'm so sorry for your grandmother's loss and yours. My parents made it to their 60th. I was impressed.

I made it to the 14th, but that was 14 years too long.

Condolences on your granddads passing. Hope your grandmother is doing as well as can be.

My grandparents made it to their 63rd before my granddad succumbed to the big C.

You can't make 65 days because you are a retarded USC grad... barely able to count past 3.... let alone make it to 65.

Back