72 Degrees here today...

Close to 70 today, 75 and sunny expected tomorrow. That's great as we have an outdoor lesson tomorrow afternoon. This is unprecedented; we're all just waiting for the hammer to fall!

During Rory's first winter, 2005-6, we didn't get snow until about mid-April and then just enough to make things a bit white for a couple of hours. We haven't had any measurable precipitation since October and then it was 100-year-floodplain time.

70s sound really good to me.

In Chattanooga its 27 degrees and the wind chill puts it around 18.

Not a good day for working in the field.

Hope those temps are heading this way!

Current conditions as of 4:52 pm CST
Fair
Temp:
16°
Feels Like:
16°
Barometer:
30.1 in and rising
Humidity:
62%
Visibility:
10 mi
Dewpoint:

Wind:
WNW 7 mph
Sunrise:
7:14 am
Sunset:
4:53 pm

Through Sat: High of 28° Low of 1°

Its 37 in Seattle. I'm missing why seasons suck and it must be 70+ all year round? Southerners/Hawaiians/SoCalers?

I never said seasons suck. In fact, when I spent several years in FL I missed having seasons.

But if I have to be outside and in a windy area (like I do today), freezing temps and wind are not what I prefer.

what definitely sucks is 100degree weather. There is no gear that you can put on that makes it moot. In cold winter i can just put my gear on and the cold doesn't phase me. Go out ice fishing or ATV'ing all winter long.

Its 37 in Seattle. I'm missing why seasons suck and it must be 70+ all year round? Southerners/Hawaiians/SoCalers?

hey how is Olympic national park and the hoh rain forest. My wife's wanting to go there this summer in august and im really having a hard time justifying it as it takes longer to get to Seattle from Boston then to Dublin. Im pushing for irish Scottish adventure. shes pushing for pacific northwest adventure.

hey how is Olympic national park and the hoh rain forest. My wife's wanting to go there this summer in august and im really having a hard time justifying it as it takes longer to get to Seattle from Boston then to Dublin. Im pushing for irish Scottish adventure. shes pushing for pacific northwest adventure.

Well, if you're wanting to see a nice park or rainforest, there are better ones out there, but the Pacific NW is still a very beautiful place. I reccommend coming up here to WA. Its also probably cheaper.

Nice there. I stayed in the origional lodge by the lake there.

Take rain gear.

The three sisters area in Orygun is nice.
And for a hiking trail I like the eagle creek trail starting at Bonneville dam in the CR Groge.
I miss the area that St Helens wiped out. spent many days in that area.

Back