8 More U.S. Soldiers Dead

Cancel7

Banned
And he's sending more against the clear wishes of the American People.

Impeach him!

BAGHDAD — The U.S. military reported Thursday that eight U.S. soldiers were killed in the Baghdad area over the past three days as militants fought back against a security plan in its eighth week. An Army helicopter went down south of the capital, wounding four, after an Iraqi official said insurgents fired on it.

Four British soldiers _ including two women _ died Thursday in an ambush that Prime Minister Tony Blair called an "act of terrorism," suggesting it may have been carried out by elements linked to Iran but stopping short of blaming Tehran.

One U.S. soldier died and two were wounded in a roadside bombing Thursday in restive Diyala province north of Baghdad, the military said. Four others died Wednesday in two roadside bombs explosions in southern Baghdad and north of the capital, while another was killed by small-arms fire in the eastern part of the city. Two other soldiers were killed by small-arms fire on Tuesday _ one in eastern Baghdad and another on foot patrol in the southern outskirts of the capital.

The U.S. military said the downing of the helicopter carrying nine people was under investigation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070405/iraq

Hasn't Bush and co been saying the surge is working ?
The longer the bushites keep denying reality the farther they will fall and the better for the country in the long run.

Putting our boys into body bags while denying reality is not supporting them....

I wish Rove would take his dancing fool act to the streets of Baghdad...

Hasn't Bush and co been saying the surge is working ?
The longer the bushites keep denying reality the farther they will fall and the better for the country in the long run.

Putting our boys into body bags while denying reality is not supporting them....

I wish Rove would take his dancing fool act to the streets of Baghdad...

Yes, they have been saying that. This is why I am very leary of Hillary. I see this thing easily turning into a war that spans two adminstrations, and keeps escalating. I need a candidate that says we are getting out, no ifs, ands or buts. That is not Hillary. On the R side the only one I believe would get us out is Hagel. If we don't get a President committed 100% to withdrawal we are going to be in there for ten years when all is said and done. I can't even count the lives that will be lost.

And one of the problems is that the wrong lives are being lost. The arm chair warmingers should be the ones dying. That would actually improve the world a bit.

And one of the problems is that the wrong lives are being lost. The arm chair warmingers should be the ones dying. That would actually improve the world a bit.

Agreed. And our troops need the reinforcements. I would say, don't wait, go to your local recruiter's office today.

Rush could at least clean latrines for the troops....
Rove could distract the enemy with his dancing fool act.

Against the clear wishes? LOL. He is taking a page from the very report you insisted he follow!

A recent poll made it clear that Americans do not want to leave Iraq, they wanted change there because they want victory. Just over 65%, in fact, answered that they would prefer we stayed.

I'll see if I can hunt that thing down

Oh, wait. It was only 57% that want to win. Sorry.

The survey was conducted nationwide February 5-7 among a bi-partisan, cross-section of 800 registered voters. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percent. The survey was commissioned by The Moriah Group, a Chattanooga-based strategic communications and public affairs firm.

By a 53 percent - 46 percent margin, respondents surveyed said that Democrats are going too far, too fast in pressing the President to withdraw troops from Iraq.

By identical 57 percent - 41 percent margins, voters agreed with these statements: I support finishing the job in Iraq, that is, keeping the troops there until the Iraqi government can maintain control and provide security and the Iraqi war is a key part of the global war on terrorism.

Also, by a 56 percent - 43 percent margin, voters agreed that even if they have concerns about his war policies, Americans should stand behind the President in Iraq because we are at war.

While the survey shows voters believe (60 percent- 34 percent) that Iraq will never become a stable democracy, they still disagree that victory in Iraq (creating a young, but stable democracy and reducing the threat of terrorism at home) is no longer possible. Fifty-three percent say it’s still possible, while 43 percent disagree.

By a wide 74 percent - 25 percent margin, voters disagree with the notion that “I don’t really care what happens in Iraq after the U.S. leaves, I just want the troops brought home.”

This is as bad as something Dixie would do, damo.

You're citing an outlier poll, conducted by a republican group, that is well outside the results of ALL other national polls.

Many have criticized this poll's methodology

Caplis used flawed poll to argue Obama is "out of touch," dubiously stated ISG report "never caught on in America"

During the February 22 broadcast of 630 KHOW-AM's The Caplis & Silverman Show, co-host Dan Caplis touted the results of a flawed poll about the Iraq war to argue that U.S. Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) is "out of touch" because Obama's stated position on Iraq war policy is aligned with the Iraq Study Group, which Caplis baselessly claimed "never caught on in America."

Caplis cited the results of a poll "by a Republican polling group" claiming that 57 percent of Americans "want to stay in Iraq and finish the job." Presumably Caplis was referring to the results of a February 5-7 Public Opinion Strategies (POS) poll that, as Media Matters for America has noted, not only reportedly was dismissed by another Republican pollster as "designed to register certain responses," but also conflicts with recent nonpartisan national polling concerning Iraq.

The POS polling question to which Caplis referred indicated that 57 percent of respondents agreed with the following statement: "I support finishing the job in Iraq, that is, keeping the troops there until the Iraqi government can maintain control and provide security for its people."

According to weblogger Greg Sargent, Republican pollster David E. Johnson, CEO of the polling firm Strategic Vision, criticized the poll as, in Sargent's words, "leading and designed to elicit the answers they got." Johnson also stated that "[t]his poll is not the quality we've come to expect from national polling firms," according to Sargent. Specifically, Johnson pointed to the question asking if respondents agreed with the statement "I support finishing the job in Iraq" as problematic. Johnson said the question was "designed to elicit a positive response by putting respondents in the position of saying that they don't support 'finishing a job.' ... It's not a straightforward wording at all. It's also put in the first person to personalize it. In polling when you use the first person you generally get a more positive response."

http://colorado.mediamatters.org/items/200702260003

It is pretty clear in that poll that most of America do not want us to leave without regard to what may happen there when we do. Americans often believe in the "broke it-bought it" theory.

It is ridiculous to discount a poll because of the people who pay for it. If we did that no poll would be worth its weight. It was conducted by a regular polling group, just paid for by a source that you don't like.

Americans don't like the way the war has been run, but equating that do wanting to leave immediately is a mistake. One that I guess I should be glad that y'all want to make so aggressively.

Back