A 1939 nazi coin

Bulletbob

Verified User
Weird Im not sure what store I got it from or if it was yesterday o the day before .
Anyway I empty change into a a 5 gallon water jug every couple days or so. I plan on donating the jugs contents to a mission that helps homeless people in Melbourne .Ill include a link as itsone of my favorite local charity's.
Every so often I need some one to help me move furniture or other work and the mission will left you hire some of the homeless you generally have to provide transportation and I always take them to long dodgers for lunch or the pizza place in the mall. The little woman also uses them every so often if she needs a couple men for occasional heavy work

https://www.citarescuemission.org/#...re homeless, and many struggle with addiction.

Anyway when I was emptying the change I look through it as I collect coins . I was surprised to find a 1939 1 pfennig nazi coin . value is maybe a buck and its bronze .

How it made its way into may pocket all the way from nazi Germany ill never know. Im accustomed to finding some money from Canada and some occasional silver coins or old money such as a v nickel I found . I have never collected any nazi coins for obvious reasons not even silver coins from nazi Germany which to be honest are a nice coin.

The only questionable money I have ever collected are gold and silver coins from south Africa I really like then silver krugerrand a lot and the south African goverment has changed maybe not always for the best but it has improved some. s I have no issue morally collecting coins form there.

Weird Im not sure what store I got it from or if it was yesterday o the day before .
Anyway I empty change into a a 5 gallon water jug every couple days or so. I plan on donating the jugs contents to a mission that helps homeless people in Melbourne .Ill include a link as itsone of my favorite local charity's.
Every so often I need some one to help me move furniture or other work and the mission will left you hire some of the homeless you generally have to provide transportation and I always take them to long dodgers for lunch or the pizza place in the mall. The little woman also uses them every so often if she needs a couple men for occasional heavy work

https://www.citarescuemission.org/#...re homeless, and many struggle with addiction.

Anyway when I was emptying the change I look through it as I collect coins . I was surprised to find a 1939 1 pfennig nazi coin . value is maybe a buck and its bronze .

How it made its way into may pocket all the way from nazi Germany ill never know. Im accustomed to finding some money from Canada and some occasional silver coins or old money such as a v nickel I found . I have never collected any nazi coins for obvious reasons not even silver coins from nazi Germany which to be honest are a nice coin.

The only questionable money I have ever collected are gold and silver coins from south Africa I really like then silver krugerrand a lot and the south African goverment has changed maybe not always for the best but it has improved some. s I have no issue morally collecting coins form there.

Maybe you have a Nazi blood in you and you just didn't know it?

How it made its way into may pocket all the way from nazi Germany ill never know.

The coin was minted in Vienna in May of 1939.
It was distributed with other coins to a branch of Deutsche Bank in Dusseldorf.
A baker named Hans Erbel was the first person to handle the coin when he went to the bank to get change for his bakery.
Herr Erbel gave the coin in change for a 2 DMark coin to Frau Schmidt.
Frau Schmidt gave it to her son, Bruno who was taking the train to Berlin.
In Berlin, Bruno used it to buy a scone from an unknown street vendor who in turn used it to pay for a street car ride.
The coin was then deposited into a Berlin branch of Deutsche Bank. It sat in that branch for several months before being transferred to a new branch opening in Krakow, Poland in 1940.
It was used to pay a German soldier who then bought beer before the coin was deposited back in the bank.
This was repeated several times over the next few years. We will just say they all bought beer out of a sense of modesty.
Finally the coin traveled from the eastern front to the western front in the pocket of Ludwig Meyer after the invasion by the Allies.
During the Battle of the Bulge Ludwig dropped what he thought was his lucky coin. It may have been his lucky coin since was killed in battle shortly after.
The coin was picked up as a souvenir by an American GI from Chicago named John "Jack" Ryan. (Yes, there are real people with that name.)
Jack took the coin home with him after the war. When Jack passed away in Elgin, IL in 1999, the coin ended up in the possession of his son John Jr.
When John Jr retired in 2016 he moved to Florida. The coin ended up in a junk drawer at his condo.
In 2021 when an adult grandson who is addicted to several drugs visited, he dug through the junk drawer and took everything that looked like money.
A few weeks ago he used the coin to pay her for sexual favors from a little woman after she complained about her husband's inability to perform in bed. She hadn't expected to be paid since she often hired men for occasional "heavy" work.
Noticing the coin was not a standard American coin and not wanting to make her husband suspicious she deposited the coin in the 5 gallon jug where he collects coins hoping he would think he accidentally got it in change from a store.

A baker named Hans Erbel was the first person to handle the coin when he went to the bank to get change for his bakery.
In Berlin, Bruno used it to buy a scone from an unknown street vendor who in turn used it to pay for a street car ride.
The coin was then deposited into a Berlin branch of Deutsche Bank. It sat in that branch for several months before being transferred to a new branch opening in Krakow, Poland in 1940.
It was used to pay a German soldier who then bought beer before the coin was deposited back in the bank.
This was repeated several times over the next few years. We will just say they all bought beer out of a sense of modesty.
Finally the coin traveled from the eastern front to the western front in the pocket of Ludwig Meyer after the invasion by the Allies.
During the Battle of the Bulge Ludwig dropped what he thought was his lucky coin. It may have been his lucky coin since was killed in battle shortly after.
The coin was picked up as a souvenir by an American GI from Chicago named John "Jack" Ryan. (Yes, there are real people with that name.)
Jack took the coin home with him after the war. When Jack passed away in Elgin, IL in 1999, the coin ended up in the possession of his son John Jr.
When John Jr retired in 2016 he moved to Florida. The coin ended up in a junk drawer at his condo.
In 2021 when an adult grandson who is addicted to several drugs visited, he dug through the junk drawer and took everything that looked like money.
A few weeks ago he used the coin to pay her for sexual favors from a little woman after she complained about her husband's inability to perform in bed. She hadn't expected to be paid since she often hired men for occasional "heavy" work.
Noticing the coin was not a standard American coin and not wanting to make her husband suspicious she deposited the coin in the 5 gallon jug where he collects coins hoping he would think he accidentally got it in change from a store.
Now thats a great story

cool-story-bro-cowboy.gif

Back