A foot of snow

supposed to get snow in the NC lowlands, the yokels are shitting their pants already

They are usually not well equiped and rehearsed at handling it. I have seen where some of the places like Raleigh or Lord Forbid Atlanta have massive road carnage with what would be just an annoyance amount of snow/ice for us. It isn't all just their inexperience (though that is a big factor). Those governments just aren't that adept at preparing and maintaining the roads for it since it happens so infrequently. By Friday afternoon, it will already look like it snowed here the city will have so many chemicals already on the asphalt. Spraying ahead of the storms makes a huge difference in keeping the ice underneath down.

I remember it snowed here like, mmmmmm, 10 years ago. (I always thought it was illegal to drive in the snow?)

I remember it snowed here like, mmmmmm, 10 years ago. (I always thought it was illegal to drive in the snow?)

No but there is a caveat to speed limits so you can technically be cited for speeding while going at or under the speed limit if you are "driving too fast for existing conditions".

Forecast is now 13 inches with ice on the tail end. Hung a new bird feeder today so I can be the idiot on the news who dies in 13 inches of snow while trying to feed the birds.

Back