A moral dilemma.

The Ugly Truth

Verified User
Hypothetical situation. You are the ruler of a former colony world, now independent and no threat to anyone. You are attacked by Earth, which is controlled by the United Nations. The attack is purely political and would result in the destruction af all you hold dear. You have managed to fight off the first attack, at great cost. Earth is readying a second attack force, which will surly succeed, unless desperate measures are employed. These measures will directly attack the cities of Earth, causing an estimated six billion deaths and destroying Earth's ability to wage war. Do you order the attack? Is your freedom worth that many 'innocent' lives? What do you do?

Hypothetical situation. You are the ruler of a former colony world, now independent and no threat to anyone. You are attacked by Earth, which is controlled by the United Nations. The attack is purely political and would result in the destruction af all you hold dear. You have managed to fight off the first attack, at great cost. Earth is readying a second attack force, which will surly succeed, unless desperate measures are employed. These measures will directly attack the cities of Earth, causing an estimated six billion deaths and destroying Earth's ability to wage war. Do you order the attack? Is your freedom worth that many 'innocent' lives? What do you do?

I would have destroyed them from the get. Last think you need is a bunch of democrats infesting your planet.

If I have the ability to destroy all those cities I would have the technology to destroy just the UN, the head of the snake.

I would have destroyed them from the get. Last think you need is a bunch of democrats infesting your planet.

Problem. A premptive attack would make you the villain In the eyes of the galactic community. In any event, the initial attack was unannounced, and the attack on Earth that I mentioned was impossible because UN ships controlled the jump point to Earth.

Problem. A premptive attack would make you the villain In the eyes of the galactic community. In any event, the initial attack was unannounced, and the attack on Earth that I mentioned was impossible because UN ships controlled the jump point to Earth.

It is not preemptive since your scenario said earth attacked first. Regardless, I would eradicate them. I think the best defense is a complete no-mercy destruction of anyone who dares to attack you. History is written by the victors.

main-qimg-bd771880c5137bc406cedd8058412805

When are we going to get to the Aha moment that TUT's hypothetical is about making the US the evil guy or justifying an Israeli attack on Iran or something less obtuse?

Blow up the UN. :D

Back