A Patriot's History....

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Patriots-History-United-States-Columbuss/dp/1595230327"]Amazon.com: A Patriot's History of the United States: From Columbus's Great Discovery to the War on Terror (9781595230324): Larry Schweikart, Michael Allen: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41-4qGnwW1L.@@AMEPARAM@@41-4qGnwW1L[/ame]

I have ordered it, I shall read it...

:cof1:

How about reading a real history book instead of a piece of conservative propaganda? You're brain has been infected with conservatism damo. It's sad. You need to take the antidote: reason.

America is great! America is great! The Indians gave up there land and happily sang songs with us! The war on terror was a glorious war that will certainly be sung in the history books as the greatest decision America ever made!

History shouldn't be told from a partisan viewpoint. This is drivel.

I eagerly look forward to the review

Here's one:

"I am a history teacher and have just returned from a seminar where Dr. Schweikart was the featured speaker. His book, "A Patriot's History...." was the required reading. I found the book to be incredibly biased toward all things "Republican", to the point of absurdity. For example: Schweikart devotes considerable space to Whitewater, Monica, "Travelgate", and other Clinton scandals, but Does Not Even Make Mention Of IRAN-CONTRA! How could this be even remotely "Fair and Balanced?
During the seminar with Dr. Schweikart I was allowed to question him and I asked about this conspicuous omission and was told that he didn't think IRAN-CONTRA was significant enough to make it into print. Also, I asked Dr. Schweikart for a definition of just what a CONSERVATIVE is? After stuttering and stammering, Dr. Schweikart came up with an answer that left me and my collegues scratching our heads. Something about a downtrodden man in a ditch and what a Conservative would tell him as opposed to what a "Liberal" would say? Anyway, this book is useful. I plan on using it when I next teach my unit on "Detecting Bias".

Here's one:

"I am a history teacher and have just returned from a seminar where Dr. Schweikart was the featured speaker. His book, "A Patriot's History...." was the required reading. I found the book to be incredibly biased toward all things "Republican", to the point of absurdity. For example: Schweikart devotes considerable space to Whitewater, Monica, "Travelgate", and other Clinton scandals, but Does Not Even Make Mention Of IRAN-CONTRA! How could this be even remotely "Fair and Balanced?
During the seminar with Dr. Schweikart I was allowed to question him and I asked about this conspicuous omission and was told that he didn't think IRAN-CONTRA was significant enough to make it into print. Also, I asked Dr. Schweikart for a definition of just what a CONSERVATIVE is? After stuttering and stammering, Dr. Schweikart came up with an answer that left me and my collegues scratching our heads. Something about a downtrodden man in a ditch and what a Conservative would tell him as opposed to what a "Liberal" would say? Anyway, this book is useful. I plan on using it when I next teach my unit on "Detecting Bias".

I would that a better read is Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States: 1492-Present.

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peoples-History-United-States-1492-Present/dp/0060528370/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_ttl_in_f"]A People's History of the United States: 1492-Present Perennial Classics: Amazon.co.uk: Howard Zinn: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/418YZKS4G2L.@@AMEPARAM@@418YZKS4G2L[/ame]

I would that a better read is Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States: 1492-Present.

A People's History of the United States: 1492-Present Perennial Classics: Amazon.co.uk: Howard Zinn: Books

Watermark, this is the book you want. I actually received it from my sister for a Christmas present (before last) and read a little bit into it. One day I shall finish it, but certainly not before I finish my Paul Johnson A History of the American People...

How about reading a real history book instead of a piece of conservative propaganda? You're brain has been infected with conservatism damo. It's sad. You need to take the antidote: reason.
Dink... I add to my propaganda lists regularly, it includes movies like Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" and books like this one and "A People's History" (biased in the other direction).

Ohhhh

I thought you were saying he made a book.

Gore got a Nobel prize for an alright powerpoint presentation. Pretty good, eh? Better pick than Obama though. Obama literally made world peace worse off.

Back